Re: Are 2004 Veloce brakes better than 1990 Dura Ace?

Dan Daniel

Guest
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 03:40:13 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>Opps, they are new 2001 Veloce brakes not 2004. I guess similar to
>Daytona/Centaur of nowadays.
>
>>I picked up some 2004 Veloce brakes and my bike currently has 1990'ish
>>DA brakes. Would it be an upgrade or not to put the new Veloce on?
>>
>>Have brakes changed much in 15 years?
>>
>>Thx

Are the older brakes single or dual pivot? That's the change. As to
which one is better, or if dual pivots are an improvement, some will
disagree but I think that they are an improvement.

Dan Daniel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 03:40:13 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >Opps, they are new 2001 Veloce brakes not 2004. I guess similar to
> >Daytona/Centaur of nowadays.
> >
> >>I picked up some 2004 Veloce brakes and my bike currently has 1990'ish
> >>DA brakes. Would it be an upgrade or not to put the new Veloce on?
> >>
> >>Have brakes changed much in 15 years?
> >>
> >>Thx

> Are the older brakes single or dual pivot? That's the change. As to
> which one is better, or if dual pivots are an improvement, some will
> disagree but I think that they are an improvement.

Just try them you are in for a surprise!! Any duel pivot brake is
better than an old single.