Re: Argos Tent: end of an era

[email protected] said...

> > BTW Peewiglet - just to
> >satisfy my curiosity, 'cos I'm incurably nosy, are you male or
> >female?

> I'm............. female :)
>
> (Are there male peewiglets?? ;-)

I don't know - I've not met the word before. What's a peewiglet?
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

[email protected] said...

> "Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] said...
> > > bothie ? wouldnt that be ian botham the cricketer ? :-/
> > >

> > No. Beefy's the man you're thinking of. Bothies is a pluralised
> > Bothy.

> I know about beefy. i was being humorous ;-)

Oh dear, sorry. It'd been one of those days. Tell you what,
I'll nip out for a quick stroll, and come back when I've got my
slightly insane brain in instead of the slightly serious pedantic
one.
--

On 3 Aug 2004 23:00:16 GMT, Darren G <[email protected]> wrote:

>Peewiglet <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:

>>>I find that is only the case up to a point. Then flerbal vuency
>>>starts to become a problem. Mathematical agility does change though -
>>>number of pints said to be drunk moves from a linear to an exponential
>>>scale.

>> I wasn't quite sure either, and I don't really like to accept this
>> sort of thing at face value, so I'm planning a series of tests and
>> experiments over the course of the next few weekends.
>>
>> ;-)

>I see a good opportunity for a for a 16 (or 17) day test in the not so
>distant future. Working out a north-corrected back bearing should at
>least prove one half of the hypothosis :)

What a very good idea! That should take me most of the trip :)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 02:37:14 +0100, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] said...
>
>> > BTW Peewiglet - just to
>> >satisfy my curiosity, 'cos I'm incurably nosy, are you male or
>> >female?

>> I'm............. female :)
>>
>> (Are there male peewiglets?? ;-)

>I don't know - I've not met the word before. What's a peewiglet?

Well I dunno, really. I'll have to think about that! Mind you, at
least the act of thinking about it does tend to prove that peewiglets
exist :)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:00:49 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Chris
Malcolm) wrote:

>Peewiglet <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 02:37:14 +0100, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>[email protected] said...

>>>I don't know - I've not met the word before. What's a peewiglet?

>>Well I dunno, really. I'll have to think about that! Mind you, at
>>least the act of thinking about it does tend to prove that peewiglets
>>exist :)

>The fact that you are thinking proves to you that *you* exist, as
>Descartes famously established, but one of the great utilities of
>thought is that it is possible to think about things that don't exist.

Well yes, but I *am* a peewiglet... and so... etc... see? :)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

Peewiglet <[email protected]> wrote
>On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:00:49 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Chris
>Malcolm) wrote:
>
>>The fact that you are thinking proves to you that *you* exist, as
>>Descartes famously established, but one of the great utilities of
>>thought is that it is possible to think about things that don't exist.

>Well yes, but I *am* a peewiglet... and so... etc... see? :)

No you're not, as a Peewiglet you're just a figment of your own
imagination.
If I saw you, I wouldn't see a Pigweelet, because I don't know what that
is, I would just see a female yuman being.

However, having the power of thought, I can, as Chris suggested, think
about what a P******** looks like, and it might get me quite excited!

Do P's wear pointed hats or bikinis?
--
Gordon

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:23:01 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>Oh goody, Another girlie.

>Good! - A photo please!

Bill! It's not *that* sort of newsgroup!

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:21:54 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>May we please have a mug-shot on our dearly departed colleague's
>web-page.:)

I'm not sure if Paul has still got the space (or maybe the access) to
make any changes to his Wilderness Wales site, which is why the Exped
15 photos are on Wild Wales.

Why don't you ask him! (But try not to wake him up)

>BTW I don't see your photo there yet Judith.

I'm on the Wild Wales exped page ....... hiding behind the hat and/or
the Land Rover!

Judith

In message <[email protected]>,
Ian Dainty <[email protected]> writes
>"Martin Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>
>> I'm a trainer and tomorrow I am delivering a course on creative
>> thinking. What time does the off-licence open in the morning?

>Off licence? I thought you were off the pop?

Not for me - for the people on my course - however, they did not need it
and seemed to have enjoyed the course anyway.
--
Martin Richardson
239/284 Munros - 15% to go 34/34 'Furths' & 439/439 Nuttalls - 0% to go

In message <[email protected]>, Judith
<[email protected]> writes
>On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:21:54 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>May we please have a mug-shot on our dearly departed colleague's
>>web-page.:)
>>

>I'm not sure if Paul has still got the space (or maybe the access) to
>make any changes to his Wilderness Wales site, which is why the Exped
>15 photos are on Wild Wales.
>
>Why don't you ask him! (But try not to wake him up)
>
>>BTW I don't see your photo there yet Judith.

>I'm on the Wild Wales exped page ....... hiding behind the hat and/or
>the Land Rover!

But you're not on the most wanted gallery.

--
Martin Richardson
239/284 Munros - 15% to go 34/34 'Furths' & 439/439 Nuttalls - 0% to go
42/89 Donalds - 53% to go 0/? Himalayans - 100% to go
442/1552 Marilyns - 72% to go

"W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Judith
> <[email protected]> writes
> >On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 23:10:25 +0100, Peewiglet <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>I'm............. female :)

> >Oh goody, Another girlie.

> Good! - A photo please!

seconded.

and of you Fran - i've seen the pics you put up but there isnt a 'you'
amongst them.

actually - i think there should be somewhere for everybody to place a
mug-shot - its always nicer being able to put a face to words

Chris Malcolm wrote:

> The fact that you are thinking proves to you that *you* exist, as
> Descartes famously established, but one of the great utilities of
> thought is that it is possible to think about things that don't exist.

Maybe 'claimed' rather than 'established'?

Bernie

Chris Malcolm wrote:

> The fact that you are thinking proves to you that *you* exist, as
> Descartes famously established, but one of the great utilities of
> thought is that it is possible to think about things that don't exist.

Maybe 'claimed' rather than 'established'?

Bernie

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:42:42 +0100, Gordon <[email protected]>
wrote:

[...]
>>Well yes, but I *am* a peewiglet... and so... etc... see? :)

>No you're not, as a Peewiglet you're just a figment of your own
>imagination.

Hmmm....

>If I saw you, I wouldn't see a Pigweelet, because I don't know what that
>is, I would just see a female yuman being.

Hmmm, well ok then.....

>However, having the power of thought, I can, as Chris suggested, think
>about what a P******** looks like, and it might get me quite excited!

Only if you have a very active imagination :)

>Do P's wear pointed hats or bikinis?

Constantly!
:)

Best wishes,