Re: Argos Tent: end of an era

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:42:42 +0100, Gordon <[email protected]>
wrote:

[...]
>>Well yes, but I *am* a peewiglet... and so... etc... see? :)

>No you're not, as a Peewiglet you're just a figment of your own
>imagination.

Hmmm....

>If I saw you, I wouldn't see a Pigweelet, because I don't know what that
>is, I would just see a female yuman being.

Hmmm, well ok then.....

>However, having the power of thought, I can, as Chris suggested, think
>about what a P******** looks like, and it might get me quite excited!

Only if you have a very active imagination :)

>Do P's wear pointed hats or bikinis?

Constantly!
:)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:51:35 +0100, Steve Orrell wrote:

[...]
>hehehe
>
>well, I've got to get my own back after PeeWig got me spending money
>on a kettley thing

Those kettley things are just lovely, they're such a lovely shape and
size... Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I like to think about it when I
go to bed :)

>(and prolite 4R) wicked creature 'er is, I tell ye!
>;-)

A Prolite too, eh? And you're calling me a Kit Monsta??! Tut!

Still, I'm tempted...but suspect I may have to wait until next month,
as the Peewiglet treasure troves are strangely depleted of late :)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:51:35 +0100, Steve Orrell wrote:

[...]
>hehehe
>
>well, I've got to get my own back after PeeWig got me spending money
>on a kettley thing

Those kettley things are just lovely, they're such a lovely shape and
size... Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I like to think about it when I
go to bed :)

>(and prolite 4R) wicked creature 'er is, I tell ye!
>;-)

A Prolite too, eh? And you're calling me a Kit Monsta??! Tut!

Still, I'm tempted...but suspect I may have to wait until next month,
as the Peewiglet treasure troves are strangely depleted of late :)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
* of violets, as Peewiglet <[email protected]> descended on a shaft
* of golden sunlight, and announced:
> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:51:35 +0100, Steve Orrell wrote:
>
> [...]
> >hehehe
> >
> >well, I've got to get my own back after PeeWig got me spending money
> >on a kettley thing

> Those kettley things are just lovely, they're such a lovely shape and
> size... Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I like to think about it when I
> go to bed :)

Is the 'kettley thing' you refer to the MSR Titanium Kettle? If so, I've
also got one coming (to go with my Brasslite stove). Shall we be forming a
'Kettley Thing Owners Club'?

Regards: Jim Ford

On 4 Aug 2004 20:15:40 GMT, Jim Ford <[email protected]>
wrote:

>* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
>* of violets, as Peewiglet <[email protected]> descended on a shaft
>* of golden sunlight,

How beautiful! :))

[...]
>> >hehehe

>> >well, I've got to get my own back after PeeWig got me spending money
>> >on a kettley thing

>> Those kettley things are just lovely, they're such a lovely shape and
>> size... Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I like to think about it when I
>> go to bed :)

>Is the 'kettley thing' you refer to the MSR Titanium Kettle? If so, I've
>also got one coming (to go with my Brasslite stove). Shall we be forming a
>'Kettley Thing Owners Club'?

That's the very one! I think we should certainly start a club :)

I've been excitedly checking the post every morning! I love parcels
in the post :)

Best wishes,
--
Peewiglet

"Judith" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:21:54 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >May we please have a mug-shot on our dearly departed colleague's
> >web-page.:)
> >

> I'm not sure if Paul has still got the space (or maybe the access) to
> make any changes to his Wilderness Wales site, which is why the Exped
> 15 photos are on Wild Wales.

I've send a photo to The Departed One but he replied that he couldn't add it
to the mugshot gallery yet. First he had to find a new provider for his
websites_and_find the time to actually do it. I think the time is now :)

For anyone interested in my face :
http://theosphotos.fotopic.net/c235481.html

Theo

[email protected] said...

> "W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Judith
> > <[email protected]> writes

> > >Oh goody, Another girlie.

> > Good! - A photo please!

> seconded.
>
> and of you Fran - i've seen the pics you put up but there isnt a 'you'
> amongst them.
>
> actually - i think there should be somewhere for everybody to place a
> mug-shot - its always nicer being able to put a face to words

There are various photos of me all over the 'net, starting with
the Departed One's website mugshots page. <Shameless plug><mode
"proud parent"=ON> The one captioned 'camping trip in November'
wasn't a camping trip though. It was taken outside a petrol
station one November night when Catharine, then aged 10, slept in
a cardboard box overnight to highlight the plight of homeless
children for Children In Need. She raised over £300 and said
she'd never, ever do it again. The photo in question shows me
wearing numerous jumpers and a couple of hats under a very large
kag and looking even more like the Michelin Man than
usual.<mode=OFF></plug>

There are a couple more at
http://frances.fotopic.net/c250259.html
- or at least, there soon will be.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

"Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] said...
> >
> > "W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > In article <[email protected]>, Judith
> > > <[email protected]> writes

<[email protected]>

> > > Good! - A photo please!

> > seconded.
> >
> > and of you Fran - i've seen the pics you put up but there isnt a 'you'
> > amongst them.
> >
> > actually - i think there should be somewhere for everybody to place a
> > mug-shot - its always nicer being able to put a face to words

> There are various photos of me all over the 'net, starting with
> the Departed One's website mugshots page. <Shameless plug><mode
> "proud parent"=ON> The one captioned 'camping trip in November'
> wasn't a camping trip though. It was taken outside a petrol
> station one November night when Catharine, then aged 10, slept in
> a cardboard box overnight to highlight the plight of homeless
> children for Children In Need. She raised over £300 and said
> she'd never, ever do it again. The photo in question shows me
> wearing numerous jumpers and a couple of hats under a very large
> kag and looking even more like the Michelin Man than
> usual.<mode=OFF></plug>
>
> There are a couple more at
> http://frances.fotopic.net/c250259.html
> - or at least, there soon will be.

just had a look on the saunders site. hello Fran with a face :)

£300 for a good cause for doing what we all love (sleeping outdoors) isnt
bad. well done Catherine

[email protected] said...
> just had a look on the saunders site. hello Fran with a face :)

Hello!

> £300 for a good cause for doing what we all love (sleeping outdoors) isnt
> bad. well done Catherine

She was nice and cosy, with a teddy for a pillow (complete with
spotted eye bandage of course), lots of clothes, two sleeping
bags, woolly hat - and the very large pair of cardboard boxen
we'd had left over from the move. We, OTOH, had to sit up all
night with her as her 'chaperones'. And November can be pretty
flippin' chilly. Funny thing really - it was her idea and she
cleared it with the police and told the local paper and
everything... but guess who's just hit the roof at discovering
that we're off to Dartmoor for a week in the morning? Who'd 'ave
'em?
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

"Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] said...
> > just had a look on the saunders site. hello Fran with a face :)

> Hello!
>

> but guess who's just hit the roof at discovering
> that we're off to Dartmoor for a week in the morning? Who'd 'ave
> 'em?

LMAO that sounds about right. teenager now by any chance ? ;-)

In article <[email protected]>, Judith
<[email protected]> writes
>I'm not sure if Paul has still got the space (or maybe the access) to
>make any changes to his Wilderness Wales site, which is why the Exped
>15 photos are on Wild Wales.
>
>Why don't you ask him! (But try not to wake him up)
>
>>BTW I don't see your photo there yet Judith.

>I'm on the Wild Wales exped page ....... hiding behind the hat and/or
>the Land Rover!

I must get in touch with him to include you, also I need mine updating.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, Chris 159
<[email protected]> writes
>and of you Fran - i've seen the pics you put up but there isnt a 'you'
>amongst them.
>
>actually - i think there should be somewhere for everybody to place a
>mug-shot - its always nicer being able to put a face to words

The one of Fran on Paul's mugshot page is excellent but you can't expect
Fran to agree :)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:08:25 +0100, Martin Richardson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>But you're not on the most wanted gallery.

<sob!>

Ok, I can take a hint....

I prefer walking on me own anyway

On 4 Aug 2004 19:29:44 GMT, Gareth Babb <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:14:57 +0100, Judith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Ha ha! And you could have got it for £14.99 only a couple of weeks
>> ago.

>Some stores still have stock - as of a few hours ago I now have one.

I got one today as well. Bashing in my postcode on the web site revealed
that the nearest store had stock (at least two, as for some reason the
backroom boys brought two out to the front).

My back lawn is fairly wet, so it has not been tested out yet, other than a
quick unpack, check and repack (the last stage not being as easy as it might
seem).

--
I want to be a modirater when I grow up.

Mail john rather than nospam...

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:28:48 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Go on - tell us your proper name then

Shirley :) Or Shirl is fine too.

Best wishes,