Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Re: Avanti Blade vs. Apollo Allegro

Started by markjrodrigues · · Last activity · 2 posts · 664 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
6 April 2004
Last activity
8 April 2004
Original author
markjrodrigues
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
664
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. As fate would have it, I had to make exactly the same decision at the
    end of Feb.

    I ended up going with the Apollo (from Bayswater).

    I must say I am pretty happy with it. I have made one modification and
    added some bar ends. This has made SOOOO much difference, especially on
    the climbs.

    I commute to work - only about 5 km - and it handles well on the bike
    tracks (Scotchman's creek). I have even taken it out on beach road on a
    Sunday or two with some friends with some serious road bikes and have
    clocked up 30 kms each time with them. I took it on the Great Melbourne
    Bike Ride a couple of weeks ago and it did OK.

    My only problems with it are:
    - The low gear is possibly a little too low. I tend not to use it
    much at all
    - The front and rear deraillers needed a bit of fine-tuning by a
    knowledgable friend but run well now
    - It is hard to go really fast on them (> 55+ kms), even down-hill. This
    could just be that I am not that good a rider though ...
    - The Avanti looks a little bit nicer 🙂

    So if your needs are similar to the ones I have expressed below than I
    would recommend it.

    Good luck 🙂

    Mark

    --

  2. Thanks, everyone. Ended up going with the Blade; frame was lighter, and
    I preferred the feel of it to my testrides on the Allegro.

    --

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.