Re:B. Jew Lick

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bob Martin, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Bob Martin

    Bob Martin Guest

    in 458538 20050328 094811 [email protected] wrote:

    >The Tour is boring anyway, cycling is more than the tour, I'm tired of
    >hearing about Lance and the TDF.

    Millions agree with you.

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:15:55 GMT, Bob Martin <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >in 458538 20050328 094811 [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>The Tour is boring anyway, cycling is more than the tour, I'm tired of
    >>hearing about Lance and the TDF.

    >Millions agree with you.

    NONSENSE THE ONLY RACE THT MATTERS IS THE ONE HE IS IN. LANCE. THE
    TOUR BABY. DONT BE A EURO CRYER < EVERYONE KNOW LANCE IS THE MAN AND
    HTE TOUR IS THE RACE> OK> MAYBE FLECHE BRABANCONNE BECAUSE HE WAS IN
    THAT TOO. BUT NOT PARIS_NICE BECAUSE HE DOESN"T CARE ABOUT IT AND
    NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

    JFT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  3. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:15:55 GMT, Bob Martin <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >in 458538 20050328 094811 [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > >>The Tour is boring anyway, cycling is more than the tour, I'm tired

    of
    > >>hearing about Lance and the TDF.

    > >Millions agree with you.

    > NONSENSE THE ONLY RACE THT MATTERS IS THE ONE HE IS IN. LANCE. THE
    > TOUR BABY. DONT BE A EURO CRYER < EVERYONE KNOW LANCE IS THE MAN AND
    > HTE TOUR IS THE RACE> OK> MAYBE FLECHE BRABANCONNE BECAUSE HE WAS IN
    > THAT TOO. BUT NOT PARIS_NICE BECAUSE HE DOESN"T CARE ABOUT IT AND
    > NEITHER SHOULD YOU.
    >
    > JFT
    >

    > ****************************
    > Remove "remove" to reply
    > Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    > ****************************

    Testify!!
    There is no god other than Lance and thou shall not consider any other
    racer except the apostles of Team Discovery who are unworthy to carry
    his water bottles!
    So sayeth the unwashed masses.
    Go Lance!
    Bill C

  4. On 03/28/2005 07:02 AM, in article [email protected],
    "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Sorry to
    > rain on your little xenophilic circle jerk, but you just watched a guy
    > win Paris-Nice and Crit Int'l who won't even get top 20 in the Tour come
    > July.

    Would you care to lay money on that?

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com

  5. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    > On 03/28/2005 07:02 AM, in article [email protected],
    > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry to
    > > rain on your little xenophilic circle jerk, but you just watched a

    guy
    > > win Paris-Nice and Crit Int'l who won't even get top 20 in the Tour

    come
    > > July.

    > Would you care to lay money on that?
    >

    > --
    > Steven L. Sheffield
    > stevens at veloworks dot com
    > bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
    > ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
    > aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
    > double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

    $20.00

  6. I'd bet $20.00 on Julich making the Top 29.

    Crit Pro, tell us how to get in touch with you to collect the money in July.

    news:[email protected]

  7. Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    > On 03/28/2005 07:02 AM, in article [email protected],
    > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Sorry to
    >>rain on your little xenophilic circle jerk, but you just watched a guy
    >>win Paris-Nice and Crit Int'l who won't even get top 20 in the Tour come
    >>July.

    > Would you care to lay money on that?

    $100 says BJ is not in the top 20 after he comes under the Arc de
    Triomphe for the last time.

    Magilla

  8. Post your personal information so you can be called after the Tour. With
    whom are you making the bet? We should set up a PayPal pot of money.

    "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    > > On 03/28/2005 07:02 AM, in article [email protected],
    > > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Sorry to
    > >>rain on your little xenophilic circle jerk, but you just watched a guy
    > >>win Paris-Nice and Crit Int'l who won't even get top 20 in the Tour come
    > >>July.

    > > Would you care to lay money on that?
    > >

    > $100 says BJ is not in the top 20 after he comes under the Arc de
    > Triomphe for the last time.
    >

    > Magilla

  9. On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:53:18 -0500, MagillaGorilla
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >$100 says BJ is not in the top 20 after he comes under the Arc de
    >Triomphe for the last time.

    Uh huh - can we confirm we are talking about the last time - this
    year, in the Tour - in GC? I see major candy assing for a $ 100 bill.
    (Well, yeah, but he finished in about 50th place with the other GC
    guys in the final stage...)

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

    and early Tour prediction, which I will not change unless one of them
    skips the Tour:
    1. Ullrich - makes a strong move to get back to 2nd overall in GC
    after last year, and finds himself in place to win.
    2. Armstrong - if you're going to hand off the Tour, why not to the
    person that you've been claiming to be the best rider practically
    every year?
    3. Basso - marking for second again, ending up in third - again.
    10. Julich - I'll cover your $ 100 for 20th place or better in final
    GC in this year's Tour. I'll even pay if Julich doesn't start the
    Tour.

    and pieces of Kloden DNF somewhere on the road from a pissed-off Zabel
    attack. Advice to Kloden - don't go anywhere off-camera with Zabel on
    your wheel.

  10. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Bob Martin wrote:
    >>>The Tour is boring anyway, cycling is more than the tour, I'm tired of
    >>>hearing about Lance and the TDF.

    John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    > NONSENSE THE ONLY RACE THT MATTERS IS THE ONE HE IS IN. LANCE. THE
    > TOUR BABY. DONT BE A EURO CRYER < EVERYONE KNOW LANCE IS THE MAN AND
    > HTE TOUR IS THE RACE> OK> MAYBE FLECHE BRABANCONNE BECAUSE HE WAS IN
    > THAT TOO. BUT NOT PARIS_NICE BECAUSE HE DOESN"T CARE ABOUT IT AND
    > NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

    Welcome back, TFJ. Your other personality was getting a bit too staid for
    rbr.

    Unless of course this is just some early season training for July (in
    which case TRAB's training program must differ substantially from yours).

  11. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    Kloden, Vino and Ullrich. Wow, that has to be a DS's worst nightmare.
    Sky high expectations with so much talent and so relatively few
    results. Vino has been a dark horse Tour contender for the entire Lance
    era (after winning the 1999 Dauphine) and Kloden has been since his
    flashes in the pan a few years back. That team has so many problems of
    its own creation, it boggles the mind. I remember in the early 90s when
    they got humiliated with a half an invite to the Tour (though Zabel
    made good use of it). I guess ever since then they have been trying to
    buy as many chiefs as their budget can handle. BTW none of them aside
    from Vino ever really wins so much as they end up in the lead on
    occasion in races of attrition.

  12. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    Chris M wrote:
    > Kloden, Vino and Ullrich. Wow, that has to be a DS's worst nightmare.
    > Sky high expectations with so much talent and so relatively few
    > results. Vino has been a dark horse Tour contender for the entire Lance
    > era (after winning the 1999 Dauphine) and Kloden has been since his
    > flashes in the pan a few years back. That team has so many problems of
    > its own creation, it boggles the mind. I remember in the early 90s when
    > they got humiliated with a half an invite to the Tour (though Zabel
    > made good use of it). I guess ever since then they have been trying to
    > buy as many chiefs as their budget can handle. BTW none of them aside
    > from Vino ever really wins so much as they end up in the lead on
    > occasion in races of attrition.

    Look over the 2004 Tour de Suisse again. Ulli had already won the race
    by the end of the first day, and he did it with a single massive attack.
    Even if he hadn't won the ITT a week later, he still probably would
    have taken the overall GC honors. Or how about the ITT during the Tour
    he won, when he dusted everyone by 3 minutes Indurain-style?

    -Sonarrat.

  13. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    sonarrat wrote:
    > Chris M wrote:
    >
    >> Kloden, Vino and Ullrich. Wow, that has to be a DS's worst nightmare.
    >> Sky high expectations with so much talent and so relatively few
    >> results. Vino has been a dark horse Tour contender for the entire Lance
    >> era (after winning the 1999 Dauphine) and Kloden has been since his
    >> flashes in the pan a few years back. That team has so many problems of
    >> its own creation, it boggles the mind. I remember in the early 90s when
    >> they got humiliated with a half an invite to the Tour (though Zabel
    >> made good use of it). I guess ever since then they have been trying to
    >> buy as many chiefs as their budget can handle. BTW none of them aside
    >> from Vino ever really wins so much as they end up in the lead on
    >> occasion in races of attrition.

    > Look over the 2004 Tour de Suisse again. Ulli had already won the race
    > by the end of the first day, and he did it with a single massive attack.
    > Even if he hadn't won the ITT a week later, he still probably would
    > have taken the overall GC honors. Or how about the ITT during the Tour
    > he won, when he dusted everyone by 3 minutes Indurain-style?

    And anyway, what is the Tour de France if not a race of attrition?