Re: Back at the Ranch - Landis my ride again

RicodJour

Guest
RonSonic wrote:

> Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but if a man can't look at a bottle and write
> the number printed thereon onto a piece of paper and get it right, I'm not
> trusting him with anything like comparing carbon isotope ratios.

You're being harsh. Did you see how many numbers there were in a row?
I don't see how anyone could get all of them right. Maybe if they had
a computer or something...

I'm confused about typing error when I see many hand written numbers that
are "wrong".

BTW a professional is expected to exercise due professional care which is a
level of care greater than that exercised by an ordinary man. A
professional who fails to exercise due care, commits a spices of fraud not
only against he who he serves but against all of those within his profession
and therefore against all who rely on that profession's integrity.
Consequently, a professional who exercises only ordinary care, commits
negligence. A professional who is negligent, commits gross negligence. Of
course the French don't follow English Common Law. Hopefully Landis's
matter will be arbitrated under common law.

Accordingly, the professional lab workers should get the numbers right as
that's an integral part of the test as well as getting the test right. I
presume the protocol for the tests are more complicated than copying a long
number. If they can be excused for frequently mis-transcribing the sample
number, then I guess they should be excused for botching the test. That
doesn't make sense in my book!

news:[email protected]...