Re: basso only attempted doping

benjo maso wrote:
> I frankly admit that for I moment thought that Basso had really used doping.
> I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

I just hope his dog is well.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> benjo maso wrote:
>> I frankly admit that for I moment thought that Basso had really used
>> doping. I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

> I just hope his dog is well.

If there isn't already, there soon will be a religion that espouses storing
ones own blood as a way to achieving grace. Sort of like LDS and a 2-yr
food supply. Better yet would be the Church of the Red Corpuscle which
considers high hematocrit holy and epo a sacrament. I would start the
church myself but I am booked solid on weekends building counterfeit e-
meters.

Nobody likes dopers, but a little piety goes a long way.

--
Bill Asher

On 8 Mag, 19:31, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

Please, enlighten me.
I am not quite sure yet.

Sergio
Pisa

"sergio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 8 Mag, 19:31, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

> Please, enlighten me.
> I am not quite sure yet.

How is that possible? He said himself that he only planned to take doping,
didn't he?

Benjo

On 9 Mag, 00:17, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:

> How is that possible? He said himself that he only planned to take doping,
> didn't he?

So you trust him?
You are a believer, Benjo.

Sergio
Pisa

sergio wrote:
> So you trust him?
> You are a believer, Benjo.

Who is the god of Irony ?

William Asher wrote:
> If there isn't already, there soon will be a religion that espouses storing
> ones own blood as a way to achieving grace. Sort of like LDS and a 2-yr
> food supply. Better yet would be the Church of the Red Corpuscle which
> considers high hematocrit holy and epo a sacrament. I would start the
> church myself but I am booked solid on weekends building counterfeit e-
> meters.

The LIVEDRUNK(tm) thing is getting a bit old hat. Perhaps rbr should
expand into other sectors and start a new religion. We might even attract
some movie stars like Tom Cruise to promote our religion. And if we can't
get movie stars, there should be some pro cyclists on sabbatical around
who could it for much less.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> benjo maso wrote:
>> I frankly admit that for I moment thought that Basso had really used
>> doping. I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

> I just hope his dog is well.

Franky VdB lent him his dog's medication.

paolo wrote:
> On May 8, 1:45 pm, sergio <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 8 Mag, 19:31, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

>> Please, enlighten me.
>> I am not quite sure yet.
>>
>> Sergio
>> Pisa

> But no-one has located the dog? Or have we?????
> http://www.spaziocaccia.it/gallery/albums/foto_varie/cani/Pict0027.jpg

But look what the blood did to him
www.protty.it/Album/raduno_roma/sli...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

Dan Gregory wrote:
> paolo wrote:

>>> Please, enlighten me.
>>> I am not quite sure yet.
>>>
>>> Sergio
>>> Pisa

>> But no-one has located the dog? Or have we?????
>> http://www.spaziocaccia.it/gallery/albums/foto_varie/cani/Pict0027.jpg
>>

> But look what the blood did to him
> www.protty.it/Album/raduno_roma/sli...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

try
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:42:52 +0000, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The LIVEDRUNK(tm) thing is getting a bit old hat. Perhaps rbr should
>expand into other sectors and start a new religion. We might even attract
>some movie stars like Tom Cruise to promote our religion. And if we can't
>get movie stars, there should be some pro cyclists on sabbatical around
>who could it for much less.

Add stain glass windows to a bar, find a bartender that doesn't mind
wearing a stole, and get a good bouncer to keep the sanctimony in line
and I think you are in business. In the U.S., I can't see you getting
a non-profit status for this without a iron-clad creed. The UUs and
Buddhists were grandfathered in...

But, damn, get a bartender that knows how to pour a good drink that
still makes a profit, errh, margin and you would be rolling in money,
being a non-profit and all. Don't know if wafers are cheaper than
peanuts or not, and you'd probably have to add salt to sell beer.

All that said, allowing dancing is probably irreligious.

And a True Believer may believe a light beer can taste as good as a
regular beer, but I wouldn't want to share a sacrament with the dude.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:21:30 +0100, Dan Gregory
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Dan Gregory wrote:
>> paolo wrote:

>>> But no-one has located the dog? Or have we?????
>>> http://www.spaziocaccia.it/gallery/albums/foto_varie/cani/Pict0027.jpg
>>>

>> But look what the blood did to him
>> www.protty.it/Album/raduno_roma/sli...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N
>>

>try
>http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

Interestingly, he looks happier and less guilty in the second picture.

On 8 May 2007 15:40:09 -0700, sergio <[email protected]> wrote:

>So you trust him?
>You are a believer, Benjo.

We are suspicious of your unwillingness to suspend disbelief.

Curtis L. Russell
rbr Faith Assessor and Lord High Executioner
We haven't chosen a method yet, but it will hurt lots, better believe
it.

Donald Munro wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>> If there isn't already, there soon will be a religion that espouses
>> storing ones own blood as a way to achieving grace. Sort of like LDS
>> and a 2-yr food supply. Better yet would be the Church of the Red
>> Corpuscle which considers high hematocrit holy and epo a sacrament.
>> I would start the church myself but I am booked solid on weekends
>> building counterfeit e- meters.

> The LIVEDRUNK(tm) thing is getting a bit old hat. Perhaps rbr should
> expand into other sectors and start a new religion. We might even
> attract some movie stars like Tom Cruise to promote our religion. And
> if we can't get movie stars, there should be some pro cyclists on
> sabbatical around who could it for much less.

We're going to need some commandments. Ten seems like too many to keep
track of, so lets cut that down to seven, or so, depending whether I run
out of energy towards the end.

1. Thou shalt not covet thy riding partners' significant others unless
he/she are smoking hot and thou are almost certain he/she are attracted to
thee.

2. Thou shalt not attack when thy teammate is up the road in the break.

3. Thou shalt not ride with thine tongue hanging out like Christoffe
Moureoua.

4. Honor thy Kunich, for he, like Benjamin Franlin, is the fount of all
that is good, just, and wise, except he is infused with the holy rage of
roid.

5. Mock not they neighbor's custom Seven, Merckx, or Madonne, even though
you know you could take him/her in a sprint, climb, time-trial, or "picking
up Basso's sister in a bar competition."

6. Thou shalt never spell the name of a Euro-pro correctly.

7. Thou may not use "his/her PEDs were better than mine" as an excuse for
getting smoked in a sprint, climb, time-trial, or "picking up Basso's
sister in a bar competition."

http://tinyurl.com/3d6m4c

--
Bill Asher

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> Add stain glass windows to a bar, find a bartender that doesn't mind
> wearing a stole, and get a good bouncer to keep the sanctimony in line
> and I think you are in business. In the U.S., I can't see you getting
> a non-profit status for this without a iron-clad creed. The UUs and
> Buddhists were grandfathered in...

To keep the blood theme going we could specialize in a mix of vodka and
EPO enriched oxygenated blood (ingested via a intravenous drip). Of course
we need to find an EPO supplier willing to supply in bulk if we want to
make a profit. The more sqeamish or less devout followers could substitute
tomato juice for blood.

> But, damn, get a bartender that knows how to pour a good

drink that
> still makes a profit, errh, margin and you would be rolling in money,
> being a non-profit and all. Don't know if wafers are cheaper than
> peanuts or not, and you'd probably have to add salt to sell beer.
>
> All that said, allowing dancing is probably irreligious.
>
> And a True Believer may believe a light beer can taste as good as a
> regular beer, but I wouldn't want to share a sacrament with the dude.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

In article <[email protected]>,
William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:

> Donald Munro wrote:
>
> > William Asher wrote:
> >> If there isn't already, there soon will be a religion that espouses
> >> storing ones own blood as a way to achieving grace. Sort of like LDS
> >> and a 2-yr food supply. Better yet would be the Church of the Red
> >> Corpuscle which considers high hematocrit holy and epo a sacrament.
> >> I would start the church myself but I am booked solid on weekends
> >> building counterfeit e- meters.

> > The LIVEDRUNK(tm) thing is getting a bit old hat. Perhaps rbr should
> > expand into other sectors and start a new religion. We might even
> > attract some movie stars like Tom Cruise to promote our religion. And
> > if we can't get movie stars, there should be some pro cyclists on
> > sabbatical around who could it for much less.

> We're going to need some commandments. Ten seems like too many to keep
> track of, so lets cut that down to seven, or so, depending whether I run
> out of energy towards the end.
>
> 1. Thou shalt not covet thy riding partners' significant others unless
> he/she are smoking hot and thou are almost certain he/she are attracted to
> thee.
>
> 2. Thou shalt not attack when thy teammate is up the road in the break.
>
> 3. Thou shalt not ride with thine tongue hanging out like Christoffe
> Moureoua.
>
> 4. Honor thy Kunich, for he, like Benjamin Franlin, is the fount of all
> that is good, just, and wise, except he is infused with the holy rage of
> roid.
>
> 5. Mock not they neighbor's custom Seven, Merckx, or Madonne, even though
> you know you could take him/her in a sprint, climb, time-trial, or "picking
> up Basso's sister in a bar competition."
>
> 6. Thou shalt never spell the name of a Euro-pro correctly.
>
> 7. Thou may not use "his/her PEDs were better than mine" as an excuse for
> getting smoked in a sprint, climb, time-trial, or "picking up Basso's
> sister in a bar competition."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3d6m4c

And it was very good.

Really, I'm just super-relieved that the tinyurl didn't point to another
picture of Basso's not-sister.

But I thought we totally got to mock our neighbour's bike, unless they
could use it properly.

Also, 8. Keep the happy hour holy. Six hours shalt thou labour, the
other two thou shalt slack off on the Internet, and on the ninth hour
thou shalt mix drinks.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Donald Munro wrote:

>> > The LIVEDRUNK(tm) thing is getting a bit old hat. Perhaps rbr
>> > should expand into other sectors and start a new religion. We might
>> > even attract some movie stars like Tom Cruise to promote our
>> > religion. And if we can't get movie stars, there should be some pro
>> > cyclists on sabbatical around who could it for much less.

>> We're going to need some commandments. Ten seems like too many to
>> keep track of, so lets cut that down to seven, or so, depending
>> whether I run out of energy towards the end.
>>
>> 1. Thou shalt not covet thy riding partners' significant others
>> unless he/she are smoking hot and thou are almost certain he/she are
>> attracted to thee.
>>
>> 2. Thou shalt not attack when thy teammate is up the road in the
>> break.
>>
>> 3. Thou shalt not ride with thine tongue hanging out like Christoffe
>> Moureoua.
>>
>> 4. Honor thy Kunich, for he, like Benjamin Franlin, is the fount of
>> all that is good, just, and wise, except he is infused with the holy
>> rage of roid.
>>
>> 5. Mock not they neighbor's custom Seven, Merckx, or Madonne, even
>> though you know you could take him/her in a sprint, climb,
>> time-trial, or "picking up Basso's sister in a bar competition."
>>
>> 6. Thou shalt never spell the name of a Euro-pro correctly.
>>
>> 7. Thou may not use "his/her PEDs were better than mine" as an
>> excuse for getting smoked in a sprint, climb, time-trial, or "picking
>> up Basso's sister in a bar competition."
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3d6m4c

> And it was very good.
>
> Really, I'm just super-relieved that the tinyurl didn't point to
> another picture of Basso's not-sister.
>
> But I thought we totally got to mock our neighbour's bike, unless they
> could use it properly.
>
> Also, 8. Keep the happy hour holy. Six hours shalt thou labour, the
> other two thou shalt slack off on the Internet, and on the ninth hour
> thou shalt mix drinks.

No decent religion is complete without two sects who hate each other's guts
because of minor and essentially pointless differences in theology so I'm
going to say your statement about mocking bikes is heresey, as is your 8th
commandment. Therefore you are apostate and all those who believe in
orthodox corpuscular kunichinity must hate you. Unless everyone really
likes your ideas and then I am totally on your side because I am not
fanatic about this.

Death to the infidel corpuscular ryanists! Or not.

--
Bill Asher