Re: Best chain lube?

try FRESH URINE.

its cheap, readily available, boidegardable, and relatively germ free.

datakoll wrote:
> try FRESH URINE.
>
> its cheap, readily available, boidegardable, and relatively germ free.

<PLONK>. Finally.

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> try FRESH URINE.
>
> its cheap, readily available, boidegardable, and relatively germ free.

Urea is used by some airports as a runway deicing agent.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

BCDrums WHO? wrote:
> datakoll wrote:
>> try FRESH URINE.
>>
>> its cheap, readily available, boidegardable, and relatively germ free.
>>

> <PLONK>. Finally.

Humorless git. gene is the most entertaining poster on rec.bicycles.*.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:

> lanolin chain oil?

Only for those who have a flock mentality towards bicycle maintenance.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

i make my own--use a metal container pour some paint thinner in it--take a
few afew!!!! slivers of candle wax and put it in the thinner--let it
disolve--use it as chain lube

if you find a plastic container of paint thinner put the wax sliver in
it--puncture the cap with a safty pine bottle now acts as a spray
container--place the saftey pin back in the hole you made--kkep the
container in a metal box as it is a fire hazzard

i clean the chain on my bike with carburator spray cleaner or 100% acetone
from beauty suppliers--use puin technique as noted above--never had a
problem with my chains or shifting problems--60 years sof riding bikes

hth
peter

> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:29:37 -0800 (PST), datakoll <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Sheepish?
>>
>>everyone knows LLoyds AD 3000 lanolin is a typo.
>>by coincidents, that sequence goes to year one.

> What's the Typo?
> AD3000 is a product of Lloyd's Laboratories in Peterborough Ontario.
>
> www.lloydslaboratories.com
>

>>I'm working with Buytl rubber and urethane.
>>several crawl thru's revealed thin brown lines.
>>
>>wanna try jojobaaaa?

in reality if you have to ask this question i doubt any answeres will help--
there is no best chain lubricant you just have to play with them and see
what you like

over time youi will learn about lubricants and chains

hth
peter

"Werehatrack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:51:22 -0800, SMS ???. ?
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Werehatrack wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> Everyone has to choose their chain lube based on their own
>>> preferences.

>>Perhaps, but there are people making really bad choices and paying a lot
>>for lubrication products that are either no better than the lower cost
>>products or that don't do a good job of lubricating the chain.
>>
>>As several posters have pointed out, for a low-cost product that works
>>well, use DuPont Multi-Use Lubricant, which is also sold industrially as
>>DuPont Teflon Chain Saver. Some people have bought this at Lowe's.
>>
>>Another excellent low cost product is the motorcycle chain lubes for
>>non-O ring chains, i.e. PJ1 Black Label Chain Lube which you can get at
>>a motorcycle parts store.
>>
>>For soaking a chain in lubricant, chainsaw oil works well, as does plain
>>SAE30 oil (not multi-weight 10W30).
>>
>>Clean your chain with kerosene or other non-water based solvent, and
>>lube it with oil or one of the penetrating spray on chain lubricants.
>>
>>See "http://bicyclechain.info/" for information on cleaning and
>>lubricating bicycle chains when you don't want to waste money on exotic
>>lubricants and cleaning products.

> Any of those work, though several duPont engineers have told me over
> the years that they consider any use of Teflon in a fluid-based
> lubricant to be a marketing ploy, not based on anything that duPont
> knows about the substance. (This does not mean that those lubes are
> worthless; the rest of what's in them could very well be excellent,
> but just don't take the Teflon term's presence as meaning anything
> important in either direction.) The main thing is to make sure the
> chain has a lubricant applied, and that it's one suitable for the
> usage. That's a really wide range to select from, and the bill is
> filled by a lot of things.
> --
> Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
> Some gardening required to reply via email.
> Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

********. That would be horribly expensive.

>Teflon? but tiny little teflon particles as lube devices?
>same trick as a Moly disulfide?

The mechanisms are not similar.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:45:04 -0600, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
>> try FRESH URINE.
>>
>> its cheap, readily available, boidegardable, and relatively germ free.
>>

>Urea is used by some airports as a runway deicing agent.

Much less corrosive than sodium chloride, and the runoff doesn't kill
the grass on the verges.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

expensive throwing anything away.

what's a different mechanism? throw slippery stuff into slippery
liquid, spread it between two surfaces, surfaces slide on the slippery
stuff.

you breathe air right?

no stupid I breathe oxygen. ok.

who are you? jim beam?

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 13:18:43 -0800 (PST), datakoll <[email protected]>
wrote:

>expensive throwing anything away.

Usually far more expensive to not throw it away, when you're talking
about hard-to-safely-recover small quantities of chemicals in a large
container; that's one more reason why there is so much waste. It's
*much* cheaper, and a lot more reliable, to simply buy the resin and
hardener in bulk in the desired quantity, and then package them.

Lies like "barrel scrapings" belong in the same WWN-level trash pile
with "McDonalds uses ground earthworms." Your credibility suffers
greatly by your giving the appearance of buying them.

>what's a different mechanism? throw slippery stuff into slippery
>liquid, spread it between two surfaces, surfaces slide on the slippery
>stuff.

Teflon is slippery, and compresses under load into a thinner but wider
particle, while moly disulfide shears under pressure into multiple
smaller particles. Teflon does nothing once the particle thickness is
below the average surface irregularity height, while moly continues to
shear until the particles are very fine indeed.

>you breathe air right?
>
>no stupid I breathe oxygen. ok.
>
>who are you? jim beam?

Them's fightin' words.