Re: Best Commute of the Year (so far...)

Jon_H

Guest
I cycled home from work last sunday night from Newbury to Swindon, 26.4
miles according to the cycle computer, its about 26 ish anyway by car. Not
too hot or too cold and no rain but I don't think i'm up to it twice a day
yet.

cheers
Jon_H

Jon_H wrote:
> I cycled home from work last sunday night from Newbury to Swindon, 26.4
> miles

That's a good effort, nice Sunday morning spin distance but a bit much
for a regular commute IMO - if only because of the time it would take me
to do it! Much more than an hour's traveling is enough for utility
cycling I think. I was doing 14 miles into Trafford Park every day for a
few weeks at the start of the year, fifty minutes worth with a 7.30
start. Borderline really...

Of course, you could put the bike in the car, drive to work and cycle
home, then cycle in the day after & drive home that night.

bfn,

Tony B