Re: Best Commute of the Year (so far...)

Tom Anderson

Guest
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Clive George wrote:

> "Gavin Collinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > My latest job is now only 1 mile from home. It is too close. I have
> > commuted by bike over 11 miles and latterly 6 miles and used to really
> > enjoyed the morning cycle to work. I know that I should get out and
> > do a loop on the way to work - but idleness and a warm bed always saps
> > resolve. I now think that there is an optimum distance to live from
> > work - at least 5 miles but no more than 10 miles.

> Exactly the criteria I had when I moved here (except I ended up about 11
> miles away). Of course working from home buggers things up a bit...

I'm applying the same logic in reverse to pick somewhere to live when i
next move - i know where i'll be working, so go a little over five miles
down the nicest cycle route from there, and see where it ends up! Sadly,
this is Mile End, north Bow or Homerton, some of the dodgier bits of east
London.

tom

--
Any Christmas message which ends with "... everything's pointless ..." probably doesn't need sharing -- cleanskies