Re: Best post-ride recovery meals



E

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>> how about when you pass by a restaurant that smells great?

>
> In the morning, sometimes I can smell the wonder bread factory making
> trillions of doughnuts. That'll stir the appetite. Or sometimes you can
> smell the Vietnamese places boiling up the broth for the day's pho.
>
> The ride home, when I'm really hungry at the end of the day, goes through
> Chinatown, with many enticing aromas. Fortunately, the starchy smells
> coming from the nearby noodle factory will dampen down the appetite as I
> leave the neighborhood.


Many thanks Claire for this wonderful uplifting message of yours. It
lightens my heavy heart and just makes my day ever so much brighter. But why
is that everywhere I go I encounter mostly the sweet-sour smells of decay
and death. Apparently, we live in two different worlds.

Everyone in the world knows that the Chinese will eat anything. It comes
from thousands of years of forever being on the edge of starvation. If I
were you I would stay out of Chinatown. They eat dogs there and who knows,
they might eat you too if you are at all plump.

Why does Claire keep posting these idiocies of hers. Does she do this just
to **** me off? She is the eternally happy camper - and I am not. That is no
doubt the cause of all our troubles and difficulties. If she would only get
a good case of breast or ovarian cancer she might be more tolerable.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
 
E

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:41:11 -0500, "Mr. Ed" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>>
>>>> how about when you pass by a restaurant that smells great?
>>>
>>> In the morning, sometimes I can smell the wonder bread factory making
>>> trillions of doughnuts. That'll stir the appetite. Or sometimes you can
>>> smell the Vietnamese places boiling up the broth for the day's pho.
>>>
>>> The ride home, when I'm really hungry at the end of the day, goes
>>> through
>>> Chinatown, with many enticing aromas. Fortunately, the starchy smells
>>> coming from the nearby noodle factory will dampen down the appetite as I
>>> leave the neighborhood.

>>
>>Many thanks Claire for this wonderful uplifting message of yours. It
>>lightens my heavy heart and just makes my day ever so much brighter. But
>>why
>>is that everywhere I go I encounter mostly the sweet-sour smells of decay
>>and death. Apparently, we live in two different worlds.
>>
>>Everyone in the world knows that the Chinese will eat anything. It comes
>>from thousands of years of forever being on the edge of starvation. If I
>>were you I would stay out of Chinatown. They eat dogs there and who knows,
>>they might eat you too if you are at all plump.
>>
>>Why does Claire keep posting these idiocies of hers. Does she do this just
>>to **** me off? She is the eternally happy camper - and I am not. That is
>>no
>>doubt the cause of all our troubles and difficulties. If she would only
>>get
>>a good case of breast or ovarian cancer she might be more tolerable.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Mr. Ed

>
> This post is an illustration of one of Ed Dolan's worst aspects.
> Claire seems to be the kind of cycling enthusiast any community would
> be lucky to count on, and Eddy jumps on one of her enjoyable posts to
> spread his stinkbait. Exactly the kind of behavior that has driven off
> most of the posters who used to frequen ARBR.
>
> Ignore the decrepit old troll. Ed is far better off sitting alone in
> his inherited house in Worthington, Minnesota stumbling drunkenly over
> his 'many' recumbents and communing with his many cats. He is not fit
> company for humans.


I simply can't stand Pollyannas like Claire. She posts her happy thoughts
which only serve to depress me more than I already am.

She complains in a previous post that she does not have much free time
because she is some kind of school marm. Yet, she always seems to find time
enough to post her idiocies on this newsgroup. Her messages are mindless,
something that only a child would write.

We should all enjoy happy childhoods, but we should not continue to live in
them all of our lives. This is what Claire has managed to do. She is still
living in a state of childhood grace. She needs to become an adult and
suffer all the miseries that adults suffer. Childhood is for children only.
She is perverted to continue to live in such a state of grace.

I will save my attack on Indiana Mike for later. After all, he has undergone
some heart troubles lately and I would not want to add to his grief. My own
ticker is not doing any too well lately either. It seems to be missing a few
beats every now and then.

Claire illustrates to perfection the worst aspects of the female mind, ever
trivial and essentially childish, seemingly incapable of any large thoughts.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
 
E

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Pat in TX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
>>
>> Ignore the decrepit old troll. Ed is far better off sitting alone in
>> his inherited house in Worthington, Minnesota stumbling drunkenly over
>> his 'many' recumbents and communing with his many cats. He is not fit
>> company for humans.
>>
>> Indiana Mike

>
> Mike, I kill-filed him a long time ago and I wouldn't have even seen
> anything he wrote except that you posted it! If you want somebody to
> "ignore the decrepit old troll", don't repost what he has written for some
> unsuspecting person to come across. I'd appreciate that, thanks.
>
> Pat in TX


Don't listen to this screwball Mike. Post correctly and this numskull from
Texas can see it or not. Who gives a damn about the likes of him. He has
never yet written anything that I would want to read, but I do not kill-file
him. Hells Bells, I just ignore him.

To be kill-filed by cowards like 'Pat in TX' is a nothing. Ed Dolan the
Great has never killed-filed anyone. That is because I have at least the
bare minimum of some guts. How did anyone from Texas get to be so gutless?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
 
M

Mike Rice

Guest
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:40:13 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:


<snip>
>I will save my attack on Indiana Mike for later. After all, he has undergone
>some heart troubles lately and I would not want to add to his grief. My own
>ticker is not doing any too well lately either. It seems to be missing a few
>beats every now and then.

....
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>
>
>


My recovery is going remarkably well, everyne seems amazed. At 31 days
after surgery I am walking two miles a day in addition to exploring
the woods in search of early morel mushrooms. I only await the
complete healing of my sternum to begin riding again, no point risking
the possibility of a fall at this stage.

So if you feel any need to attack me don't fret yourself over how I'll
handle it. You really can't bother me, except I do get embarrassed
when you refuse to show basic respect while seeming to be an
'ambassador from this ng.

Indiana Mike
 
E

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:40:13 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
>>I will save my attack on Indiana Mike for later. After all, he has
>>undergone
>>some heart troubles lately and I would not want to add to his grief. My
>>own
>>ticker is not doing any too well lately either. It seems to be missing a
>>few
>>beats every now and then.

>
> My recovery is going remarkably well, everyne seems amazed. At 31 days
> after surgery I am walking two miles a day in addition to exploring
> the woods in search of early morel mushrooms. I only await the
> complete healing of my sternum to begin riding again, no point risking
> the possibility of a fall at this stage.


The thought of open heart surgery sends me into a tailspin. I guess I will
opt for death if and when confronted with the choice. But glad you are doing
well.

> So if you feel any need to attack me don't fret yourself over how I'll
> handle it. You really can't bother me, except I do get embarrassed
> when you refuse to show basic respect while seeming to be an
> 'ambassador from this ng.
>
> Indiana Mike


My sole aim in life at this point is to get Claire to respond to me. I do
not know how vicious I will have to get. Her types always amuse the hell out
of me for some strange reason. I think it is her basic innocence that
appeals to me. I would like to be child like her again myself, but it is
just so impossible.

Do not fret about the denizens of RBM. They are even greater slobs than we
are (ARBR).

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
 

Hull 697

New Member
Dec 31, 2005
82
0
0
Mike Rice said:
My recovery is going remarkably well, everyne seems amazed. At 31 days
after surgery I am walking two miles a day in addition to exploring
the woods in search of early morel mushrooms. I only await the
complete healing of my sternum to begin riding again, no point risking
the possibility of a fall at this stage.
Indiana Mike
Mike,

Good to hear from you. Let that sternum heal up and enjoy the mushrooms.
 
J

Jeff Grippe

Guest
Hey Mike,

I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well. I just got back from a trip to
Tucson. I did a 2.5 mile hike (all downhill, however). It was far from pain
free but it was doable. Tomorrow I'm going to inflate the tires of my
remaining trike and take it for a spin around the block to see how that
feels.

BTW: I turned off my filter because 1. I didn't want to miss messages like
this one and 2. I get a perverse sort of entertainment from reading his
holiness.

I wish you a continued good and strong recovery.

Jeff
"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:40:13 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>
> <snip>
>>I will save my attack on Indiana Mike for later. After all, he has
>>undergone
>>some heart troubles lately and I would not want to add to his grief. My
>>own
>>ticker is not doing any too well lately either. It seems to be missing a
>>few
>>beats every now and then.

> ...
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>aka
>>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>
>>
>>

>
> My recovery is going remarkably well, everyne seems amazed. At 31 days
> after surgery I am walking two miles a day in addition to exploring
> the woods in search of early morel mushrooms. I only await the
> complete healing of my sternum to begin riding again, no point risking
> the possibility of a fall at this stage.
>
> So if you feel any need to attack me don't fret yourself over how I'll
> handle it. You really can't bother me, except I do get embarrassed
> when you refuse to show basic respect while seeming to be an
> 'ambassador from this ng.
>
> Indiana Mike
>
 
E

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hey Mike,
>
> I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well. I just got back from a trip
> to Tucson. I did a 2.5 mile hike (all downhill, however). It was far from
> pain free but it was doable. Tomorrow I'm going to inflate the tires of my
> remaining trike and take it for a spin around the block to see how that
> feels.


I am glad to hear that you are doing so well. Heart disease (Indiana Mike)
is the all American disease whereas getting run over on your trike by a
motor vehicle is still rather rare I suspect.

> BTW: I turned off my filter because 1. I didn't want to miss messages like
> this one and 2. I get a perverse sort of entertainment from reading his
> holiness.

[...]

You do not want to kill file the Great Ed Dolan. After all, my only purpose
is being here is to amuse and to entertain the troops. ARBR would be
impossibly dull without me. Every newsgroup needs at least one provocateur
or else it would die of terminal boredom.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota