rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Best trials rim?

Started by skilewis74 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 444 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
30 May 2008
Last activity
30 May 2008
Original author
skilewis74
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
444
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. skrobo said:

    i would imagine that he rides a koxx-one street rim ...

    If I remember correctly, a Koxx drilled on his trials, and an Alex DX
    32 on his 24.

    If my skills were high enough to warrant retuning every other ride or
    more often, I think I would preffer a non-drilled rim if it meant I'd
    have to retrue it 1/4 of the time as w/ a drilled.

    --
    skilewis74

    Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
    are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
    time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

    What next? 'IUF skill levels'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
    Street'
    (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
    (http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
    (http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64235)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skilewis74's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12404
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/62830

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. I fiddle with my spokes on my drilled rim maybe once a month tops. I let
    them get very loose and out of wack before I true and tighten them I
    have no problems with the rim thus far. I even let it go pretty long
    after the original build to see what the rim could take, as I have a
    non-drilled rim if I need it. I do all my builds and and I am no pro
    and the drilled Tryall without eyelets holds up fine to big sets a lot
    of stand on tire tricks and the often(I mean rare😉 ) poor landing. I
    don't weigh that much but I do abuse the hell out of the rim and for me
    the weight savings is worth the risk that it may break which it hasnt. I
    have gotten a lot of use out of it and there are no signs of weakness
    yet.

    --
    agentQ

    '*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
    (

    )
    '*)---TreFlip-'O,'
    (

    )
    '*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
    (http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
    ---
    'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    agentQ's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13021
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/62830

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. agentQ said:

    I fiddle with my spokes on my drilled rim maybe once a month tops. I let
    them get very loose and out of wack before I true and tighten them I
    have no problems with the rim thus far. I even let it go pretty long
    after the original build to see what the rim could take, as I have a
    non-drilled rim if I need it. I do all my builds and and I am no pro
    and the drilled Tryall without eyelets holds up fine to big sets a lot
    of stand on tire tricks and the often(I mean rare😉 ) poor landing. I
    don't weigh that much but I do abuse the hell out of the rim and for me
    the weight savings is worth the risk that it may break which it hasnt. I
    have gotten a lot of use out of it and there are no signs of weakness
    yet.

    Look through the drilled holes at an angle and see if there are any
    cracks in the thin metal of the inside wall. Mine has gone at the
    bottom of the wheel, check there. I have had my KH rim for about a
    year, its always been tightened and maintained, has never goten badly
    out of true, has been rotated once and mines gone pretty bad.

    --
    sp4rky-m4rky

    '*U**n**i**c**y**c**l**e**.**c**o**m*'
    (http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
    *)---'😎, 1mHighJump*
    my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
    my 'Year in vid'
    (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
    learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
    (

    )
    Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
    (

    )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/62830

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.