Re: Better handling?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by S. Delaire \Rotatorrecumbent\, Feb 28, 2005.

  1. If race results have any bearing on handling....
    I have set course records at several criteriums over the years
    Fastest lap or highest average speed
    At our local crit I have a 100% podium finish rate
    with a 80% win rate
    LWB designs feel the most comfortable to me in fast turns
    I use the same bike to commute 5,000 miles a year
    Speedy

    Ken Marcet wrote:

    > Is it my imagination or do recumbents tend to handle better than your
    > standard upright road cycle or mtb? After riding my custom recycled
    > recumbent swb with a headtube angle of about 81 degrees more than several
    > times now I have noticed that is seems to handle better than my other bikes.
    > Is this generally true or is it due to my high headtube angle? This is my
    > first recumbent that I own for myself, I had the chance to ride a lwb once
    > and thought it seemed to handle well too.
    >
    > Ken
    >
    > --
    > More of my mind dribblings: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    S. Delaire "Rotatorrecumbent" wrote:

    > If race results have any bearing on handling....
    > I have set course records at several criteriums over the years
    > Fastest lap or highest average speed
    > At our local crit I have a 100% podium finish rate
    > with a 80% win rate
    > LWB designs feel the most comfortable to me in fast turns
    > I use the same bike to commute 5,000 miles a year
    > Speedy

    Without split times around the corners, I would hesitate to extrapolate
    to much from this, since the Rotator bikes should have significant
    straight-line speed advantages over the DF bikes due to decreased
    aerodynamic drag.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Earth

  3. With the fact that the pedals can't strike the ground and the lower CoG the
    Pursuit speed thru corners is probably higher.
    Speedy

    Tom Sherman wrote:

    > S. Delaire "Rotatorrecumbent" wrote:
    >
    > > If race results have any bearing on handling....
    > > I have set course records at several criteriums over the years
    > > Fastest lap or highest average speed
    > > At our local crit I have a 100% podium finish rate
    > > with a 80% win rate
    > > LWB designs feel the most comfortable to me in fast turns
    > > I use the same bike to commute 5,000 miles a year
    > > Speedy

    > Without split times around the corners, I would hesitate to extrapolate
    > to much from this, since the Rotator bikes should have significant
    > straight-line speed advantages over the DF bikes due to decreased
    > aerodynamic drag.
    >
    > --
    > Tom Sherman - Earth

  4. bentbrian

    bentbrian New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2004
    One of the fun things about a 'bent if road conditions are good is to put the hammer down as you go through a turn. It is a blast. A lot more fun than coasting through a turn.