Re: Better handling?

S. Delaire \Rotatorrecumbent\

Guest
If race results have any bearing on handling....
I have set course records at several criteriums over the years
Fastest lap or highest average speed
At our local crit I have a 100% podium finish rate
with a 80% win rate
LWB designs feel the most comfortable to me in fast turns
I use the same bike to commute 5,000 miles a year
Speedy

S. Delaire "Rotatorrecumbent" wrote:

> If race results have any bearing on handling....
> I have set course records at several criteriums over the years
> Fastest lap or highest average speed
> At our local crit I have a 100% podium finish rate
> with a 80% win rate
> LWB designs feel the most comfortable to me in fast turns
> I use the same bike to commute 5,000 miles a year
> Speedy

Without split times around the corners, I would hesitate to extrapolate
to much from this, since the Rotator bikes should have significant
straight-line speed advantages over the DF bikes due to decreased
aerodynamic drag.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

With the fact that the pedals can't strike the ground and the lower CoG the
Pursuit speed thru corners is probably higher.
Speedy

Tom Sherman wrote:

> S. Delaire "Rotatorrecumbent" wrote:
>
> > If race results have any bearing on handling....
> > I have set course records at several criteriums over the years
> > Fastest lap or highest average speed
> > At our local crit I have a 100% podium finish rate
> > with a 80% win rate
> > LWB designs feel the most comfortable to me in fast turns
> > I use the same bike to commute 5,000 miles a year
> > Speedy

> Without split times around the corners, I would hesitate to extrapolate
> to much from this, since the Rotator bikes should have significant
> straight-line speed advantages over the DF bikes due to decreased
> aerodynamic drag.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

One of the fun things about a 'bent if road conditions are good is to put the hammer down as you go through a turn. It is a blast. A lot more fun than coasting through a turn.