Re: Bicycle Routes w/Garmin and Google Earth

mlmartinet

Guest
On Jan 14, 8:20 am, [email protected] (Anton Betzler) wrote:
> mlmartinet <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Is there a way to just make the route in GE?

> depends on the region
> If the road layer is routable you can make the route in GE or
> GoogleMaps.
>
> hth
> Anton

I Guess what I'm pretty much saying is that I want a track that will
follow the roads to upload to my Garmin. Small problem I can't
reroute in GEarth like you can in GMaps and what I can make in maps I
can't seem to see in GEarth. GEarth takes the quickest route which
will put me on the Highway most of the time or roads I don't want to
travel. How do other people do their routes?

Matt

mlmartinet <[email protected]> wrote:

> Small problem I can't
> reroute in GEarth like you can in GMaps and what I can make in maps I
> can't seem to see in GEarth.

you can route on GMaps and export the Track using GMapToGPX
<http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/>

hth
Anton

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:05:33 +0100, [email protected] (Anton Betzler)
wrote:

>mlmartinet <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Small problem I can't
>> reroute in GEarth like you can in GMaps and what I can make in maps I
>> can't seem to see in GEarth.

>you can route on GMaps and export the Track using GMapToGPX
><http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/>

Received the following error when trying to click on the gmaptogpx link:

"There doesn't seem to be any extractable data on this page.

If there is, but it's not detected, please visit the project homepage
and leave a bug report, including a link to the page you're on right
now.

Note: Google Maps mashups (that is, a page with a Google Map on it, but
not at google.com) do not automatically work with this utility. If you
would like to see GMapToGPX work with your Google Maps mashup site,
please leave a comment on the project page."