rec.bicycles.soc · Public discussion

Re: Bicyclists are motorists? Since when?

Started by chrisrange · · Last activity · 3 posts · 517 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.soc
Published
6 August 2004
Last activity
6 August 2004
Original author
chrisrange
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
517
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bill Z. said:

    You probably misheard. The laws typically say that bicyclists have
    the same rights and responsibilities as the operators of vehicles.
    Usually drivers of motor vehicles have *additional* responsibilities
    (e.g. registration, licensing, and insurance requirements.).

    It's in the vehicle code in California, and also in the driver's
    handbook the DMV hands out to prepare for a written test. You are
    expected to know this stuff.


    Bill I am new to this NG. I live in Minnesota. It is in their vehicle
    code to....BUT, I am constantly getting honked at. It is to the point
    where, I chase them down and, remind them about the law. When they honk
    I shake my head. I won't move, until, I get a green light.

  2. chrisrange said:
    Bill Z. said:

    You probably misheard. The laws typically say that bicyclists have
    the same rights and responsibilities as the operators of vehicles.
    Usually drivers of motor vehicles have *additional* responsibilities
    (e.g. registration, licensing, and insurance requirements.).
    It's in the vehicle code in California, and also in the driver's
    handbook the DMV hands out to prepare for a written test. You are
    expected to know this stuff.


    Bill I am new to this NG. I live in Minnesota. It is in their vehicle
    code to....BUT, I am constantly getting honked at. It is to the point
    where, I chase them down and, remind them about the law. When they honk
    I shake my head. I won't move, until, I get a green light.

    You need bike cops (police on bicycles.) When they end up harassing a
    police officer, who might not take kindly to that, they will get some
    feedback that will get their attention.

    --
    My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

  3. "chrisrange" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Bill I am new to this NG. I live in Minnesota. It is in their vehicle
    code to....BUT, I am constantly getting honked at.

    Those same people are also yelling at other motorists. There's no accounting
    for stupidity.

    Pete

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.