Re: bicyclists armed with knives, keying cars, spitting into them

Usual Suspect

Guest
Maggie wrote:

> Not to be disrespectful of our southern states, but when this Northern
> girl drives through the south.....I try to not to break any laws. The
> Mid West scares me too. I was freaked out in Missouri on one trip. I
> had to go see my son graduate boot camp in Fort Leonardwood (sp)
> Missouri......I could not wait to get back on the little tiny plane
> that took me there and surround myself with the city of St. Louis.
> I'll travel down south or in the Mid West...but I have to stay in the
> big cities. The rural areas freak me out. No disrespect intended.
> Sometimes when I travel, I love seeing Newark Airport when I return.
> Gray skies and all.

Ah, Newark!

Did you happen to catch that Sopranos episode where the daddy Soprano
teaches the little Soprano about nice Italian neighborhoods becoming urban
war zones for one reason or another?

Usual Suspect wrote:
> Maggie wrote:
>
> > Not to be disrespectful of our southern states, but when this

Northern
> > girl drives through the south.....I try to not to break any laws.

The
> > Mid West scares me too. I was freaked out in Missouri on one trip.

> > had to go see my son graduate boot camp in Fort Leonardwood (sp)
> > Missouri......I could not wait to get back on the little tiny plane
> > that took me there and surround myself with the city of St. Louis.
> > I'll travel down south or in the Mid West...but I have to stay in

the
> > big cities. The rural areas freak me out. No disrespect intended.
> > Sometimes when I travel, I love seeing Newark Airport when I

return.
> > Gray skies and all.

> Ah, Newark!
>
> Did you happen to catch that Sopranos episode where the daddy Soprano
> teaches the little Soprano about nice Italian neighborhoods becoming

urban
> war zones for one reason or another?

Absolutely......I was there during the Newark Riots in the sixties. Do
you believe that was a beautiful city at one time. I have great
childhood memories there. As do many of us.
All good things,
Maggie

Maggie wrote:

>> Ah, Newark!
>>
>> Did you happen to catch that Sopranos episode where the daddy Soprano
>> teaches the little Soprano about nice Italian neighborhoods becoming

> urban
>> war zones for one reason or another?

> Absolutely......I was there during the Newark Riots in the sixties. Do
> you believe that was a beautiful city at one time. I have great
> childhood memories there. As do many of us.

It's a taboo topic. If you think there is anything wrong with Newark, you
must be an anti-integrationist, or worse, a segregationist, or a racist.
See, Tony Soprano is a bad guy, he can get away with speaking his mind on
TV.

Usual Suspect wrote:
> Maggie wrote:
>
> >> Ah, Newark!
> >>
> >> Did you happen to catch that Sopranos episode where the daddy

Soprano
> >> teaches the little Soprano about nice Italian neighborhoods

becoming
> > urban
> >> war zones for one reason or another?

> > Absolutely......I was there during the Newark Riots in the sixties.

Do
> > you believe that was a beautiful city at one time. I have great
> > childhood memories there. As do many of us.

> It's a taboo topic. If you think there is anything wrong with Newark,

you
> must be an anti-integrationist, or worse, a segregationist, or a

racist.
> See, Tony Soprano is a bad guy, he can get away with speaking his

mind on
> TV.

How did I manage to get in trouble on this one. I was born in Newark. I
was there during the riots. The city changed. Now I go to Newark alot
because my boss builds in Newark. I even helped habitat for humanity
build a house there. I fell off the ladder into a hole trying to figure
out how to hammer a nail. I also have to go there for Jury duty.
Newark is not what is was when I was a kid. Neither is The Bronx or
Manhattan. (Remember the pre Guiliani years).... Come to think of it, I
was a kid a hell of a long time ago. Everything is different.
All Good Things,
Maggie (Born in Newark, in The great State of Jersey)