Re: bike bridge, and seasonal variations in cycling

John Kane

Guest
On Mar 21, 1:05 pm, "Erik Sandblom" <[email protected]> wrote:

> So, what do you think? Can there be such a thing as good bike
> infrastructure separated from motor traffic? Under what circumstances?

Yes in rare cases. I really dislike most cyclepaths but occasionally
a cycle path will provide a shortcut that saves a lot of time and
traffic hassles. Therefore I am all for short connecting cycle paths
or bridges if they are build properly.

I can remember some archetect in Toronto being quoted about a cycling
and pedestrian bridge built IIRC over the Don Vally. He was
complaining that the cyclest were riding too fast on the bridge: He
and his partner had thought that cyclists would dismount and walk to
enjoy the view!

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada