Re: Bike Chain Lube valvoline

Johnny Sunset

> during the hot 120 (why is there no degree key?)

120ºF, 120ºC or 120ºK?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley (For a bit?)

On 12 Jan 2006 17:10:53 -0800, "Johnny Sunset"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> during the hot 120 (why is there no degree key?)

>120ºF, 120ºC or 120ºK?

120F (not really, but the humidity makes it feel like that)

[Recalling with no trace of nostalgia how it was common to stand in
the shade and get covered with sweat in seconds during a Miami
summer.]

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > during the hot 120 (why is there no degree key?)

> 120ºF, 120ºC or 120ºK?

Holding down the Alt key while typing 0176 will create a degree symbol:
°
At least, that's how my Windoze machine works. If you're really into
odd text, the Windows Character Map application is fun and occasionally
useful. ¿Ýöû Ðìg?

Jëff

JeffWills wrote:
> Johnny Sunset wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > during the hot 120 (why is there no degree key?)

> > 120ºF, 120ºC or 120ºK?
> >

> Holding down the Alt key while typing 0176 will create a degree symbol:
> °
> At least, that's how my Windoze machine works. If you're really into
> odd text, the Windows Character Map application is fun and occasionally
> useful. ¿Ýöû Ðìg?
>
> Jëff

I've always done it alt-15888888, yours seems easier.

-nate

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>during the hot 120 (why is there no degree key?)

> 120ºF, 120ºC or 120ºK?

That'd be 120 °F, 120 °C, or 120 K (you need spaces and there's no
degree symbol when using the Kelvin scale). Also, don't forget 120 °R.

--
Paul M. Hobson
Georgia Institute of Technology

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> during the hot 120 (why is there no degree key?)

> 120ºF, 120ºC or 120ºK?

Doesn't matter, it doesn't get to any of those temperatures in Florida.
You'll get to 120ºF in Death Valley occasionally.

JeffWills wrote:
> Johnny Sunset wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > during the hot 120 (why is there no degree key?)

> > 120ºF, 120ºC or 120ºK?
> >

> Holding down the Alt key while typing 0176 will create a degree symbol:
> °
> At least, that's how my Windoze machine works. If you're really into
> odd text, the Windows Character Map application is fun and occasionally
> useful. ¿Ýöû Ðìg?
>
> Jëff

Mac OS with US keyboard: Shift-Option-8 gives °

Ŧĥåŧ´ș ħőŵ ł ďõįț.

Joseph