UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Bike in shopping centre

Started by Alex · · Last activity · 1 post · 297 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
7 June 2007
Last activity
7 June 2007
Original author
Alex
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
297
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    Peter Scandrett said:

    Hi

    I went for a ride around Wigan today[1]; upon getting back and trying to
    get back to the car park I walked my bike through the new shopping mall
    they have there. I was approached by a member of the security/centre
    personnel who politely informed me that there was a 'no cycles' policy
    in the centre. I replied that I was aware that riding bikes was banned
    (I wasn't actually but it's logical) but he told me that this also
    extended to pushing bikes, too. I asked him what the nearest exit was,
    therefore, and how to get to the car park not through the centre, which
    I think flummoxed him slightly, but we worked out a way back.

    I occasionally have this at my local shopping centre when I try and
    walk
    my bike through there. I just say I'm taking it back to Argos where I
    bought it from.

    When I walk back with the same bike I say that I've just exchanged it
    for
    one that didn't have a problem with <insert random bike part>.

    Amazing that Argos stocks and sells Colnago bikes isn't it.

    -Alex

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.