Re: Bikes With Short Top Tubes and High Front Ends - WAS:Interpreting Serotta Fit Cycle Data For Oth

BarryG

Guest
You need a Litespeed Veneto, medium frame size. They stopped making them
after 2004, but some dealers still have new stock at discount prices.
Litespeed also has them as pre-owned bikes. The bike description is still
up on the Litespeed web site, along with a link to a geometry chart:

http://litespeed.com/2003/bikes/veneto.html

This frame has the longest (tallest) headtube, shortest toptube combination
of any production bike I've seen. It's a sweet ride as well.

Barry

news:[email protected]...

BarryG wrote:
> You need a Litespeed Veneto, medium frame size. They stopped making

them
> after 2004, but some dealers still have new stock at discount prices.
> Litespeed also has them as pre-owned bikes. The bike description is

still
> up on the Litespeed web site, along with a link to a geometry chart:
>
> http://litespeed.com/2003/bikes/veneto.html
>
> This frame has the longest (tallest) headtube, shortest toptube

combination
> of any production bike I've seen. It's a sweet ride as well.
>
> Barry
>

> "Steve Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > The Previous thread was getting long and I think it is time to bend

it
> > in a slightly different direction. Thanks to everyone who responded
> > and especially to Jay.
> >
> > I went back to the person who did the fit and asked some more
> > questions about the data. For the conventional frame Fit Cycle here
> > are the ideal frame measurments:
> >
> > Seat Tube = 55cm.
> >
> > Top Tube = 55cm (but that resulted in a 70mm stem which is no

good).
> > So the top tube should be 53cm with a 90mm stem or a rediculous

51cm
> > with a standard 110mm stem.
> >
> > Seat and Head Tube Angle = 73.5 degrees.
> >
> > Seat to Stem Height = Stem 8mm higher than seat.
> >
> > I think that these are all of the important numbers. If there is
> > anything that I have missed let me know and I'll try to find it.
> >
> > So from here it does look like I will need a bike with a shorter

top
> > tube to fix the reach issue and a taller front end to address the
> > height issue.
> >
> > I was originally looking at TI bikes which led me to Serotta and
> > Litespeed and ruled out the carbon Trek Pilot. It looks like a

stock
> > Litespeed is probably out unless a Siena can be made to fit but

the
> > front end might not be tall enough. The Serotta Fierte looks like

it
> > might be a possibility in a 54S although the seat tube is a little
> > short
> >
> > Can anyone offer any other possibilities for similar TI bikes that
> > have this characteristic geometry?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve

I keep reading the topic of this thread as BIKES WITH SHORT TUBE
TOPS....what the heck does that say about me. That's a retorical
question.
Maggie...
Happy Thursday...counting down to Friday

"Steve Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:56:16 -0000, "BarryG"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >You need a Litespeed Veneto, medium frame size. They stopped making them
> >after 2004, but some dealers still have new stock at discount prices.
> >Litespeed also has them as pre-owned bikes. The bike description is

still
> >up on the Litespeed web site, along with a link to a geometry chart:
> >
> >http://litespeed.com/2003/bikes/veneto.html
> >
> >This frame has the longest (tallest) headtube, shortest toptube

combination
> >of any production bike I've seen. It's a sweet ride as well.
> >
> >Barry
> >

> You're absolutely right! I found out about the Veneto from talking to
> the Litespeed rep. The geometry looks good based on the Fit Cycle
> numbers. It appears that I'm a year too late. The rep said that it was
> discontinued because there wasn't enough demand.
>
> For this reason I haven't seen many on Ebay. The few that I have seen
> are not the right size or have the wrong drive train (I'm looking for
> a triple Ultegra). Do you know any way to get access to dealers
> inventory? Since the bike was only discontinued last year there should
> be one out there in the correct size. Does anyone have any ideas how
> to find one?

Yeah, you can do what I did. Just search the internet for Litespeed dealers
or get the list direct from Litespeed. Email or call the delaers. You
shouldn't have any problem finding a med Veneto. The dealer I found was
willing to swap components to anything I wanted or to strip it and just sell
me the frame, which is what I did. I'm building it up myself with Ultegra10
triple.

Dealers have inventory.

Just use Google and look for Litespeed dealer Web sites. They usually have
an email link and just send them off a canned email that you're looking for
a medium Veneto and ask them if they have one.

news:p[email protected]...