Re: biking across Canada.. solo?

Geezer Boy <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:56:47 GMT, "Neil Brooks" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>
>>You'd have some lonely times, to be sure, but those are the times where you
>>figure out who you are and what you're made of. You hang a lantern in your
>>tent and read any of a thousand books that are just /perfect/ for that kind
>>of trip.

Have you ever perchance read any of Colin Fletcher's books? (The Man
Who Walked Through Time, The 1000 Mile Summer, River) Fletcher is a
hiker, and lately a river runner, and he invariably travels alone. He
loves it, and he made me into the kind of a person who cycles, hikes, and
climbs solo and loves it.
I'm not saying solo is for everybody, but if you get a chance to read
Fletcher, you'll see that it definitely has its merits for at least some.

Bill

__o | SUVs are the reason gas costs $3 a gallon.
_`\(,_ | Bicycles are the reason it isn't $4.