Re: Birth control and body fat

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by John Hanson, Dec 24, 2005.

  1. John Hanson

    John Hanson Guest

    On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:30:59 GMT, "Determined"
    <[email protected]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    >"Wendy Marsden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> SharpGymn ([email protected]) wrote:
    >> > I am a 21 year old female. I have been gaining weight using HST and I

    >am ready
    >> > to diet. I used the birth control patch for a month and didn't like the

    >side
    >> > effects. I had a depo-provera injection (is it just progesterone?) two

    >month
    >> > ago and I was wondering if this is going to make it harder to gain

    >muscle/lose
    >> > body fat. I seem to be gaining an equal amount of muscle and body fat
    >> > currently which is not that great. Anyone have input?

    >I've been on the depo shot for years. I almost have a 3-4 lb gain with each
    >shot, which usually goes away after a week. I'm presuming water retention
    >from the influx of hormones, but I don't know the facts.
    >
    >determined

    This is my favorite.

    Tags:

  2. Dally

    Dally Guest

    John Hanson wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:30:59 GMT, "Determined"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
    >

    >>"Wendy" wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]

    >>am ready

    >>side

    >>month

    >>muscle/lose

    >>I've been on the depo shot for years. I almost have a 3-4 lb gain with each
    >>shot, which usually goes away after a week. I'm presuming water retention

    >>from the influx of hormones, but I don't know the facts.

    >>determined
    >>

    > This is my favorite.

    How bizarre of you. First off, nothing I said was quoted. Secondly,
    "Determined" is a huge success story - a woman who bought a power cage
    and got into fantastic shape. I've seen her pictures. But in the last
    year she's been in a completely different place - she gave birth to a
    baby at Thanksgiving time. Obviously this post is ancient. It isn't
    very helpful, but it isn't very funny or bizarre, and none of the people
    are worth mocking.

    What is your problem tonight? Having a bad Christmas? It kind of burns
    me that you are on such a tirade when I'm feeling all "good will towards
    men".

    Dally

  3. John Hanson

    John Hanson Guest

    On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:20:52 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote in
    misc.fitness.weights:

    >John Hanson wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:30:59 GMT, "Determined"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
    >>

    >>>"Wendy" wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>am ready

    >>>side

    >>>month

    >>>muscle/lose

    >>>I've been on the depo shot for years. I almost have a 3-4 lb gain with each
    >>>shot, which usually goes away after a week. I'm presuming water retention

    >>>from the influx of hormones, but I don't know the facts.

    >>>determined
    >>>

    >> This is my favorite.

    >How bizarre of you. First off, nothing I said was quoted. Secondly,
    >"Determined" is a huge success story - a woman who bought a power cage
    >and got into fantastic shape. I've seen her pictures. But in the last
    >year she's been in a completely different place - she gave birth to a
    >baby at Thanksgiving time. Obviously this post is ancient. It isn't
    >very helpful, but it isn't very funny or bizarre, and none of the people
    >are worth mocking.

    Bizzare? You are "Determined" and you followed up to your own post.
    How bizarre is that?

    >What is your problem tonight? Having a bad Christmas? It kind of burns
    >me that you are on such a tirade when I'm feeling all "good will towards
    >men".

    Just smacking people silly who deserve it. BTW, I'm more of a
    Thanksgiving kinda guy. Eat the big dinner on Thursday, hang with the
    family and then you've got Friday, Saturday and Sunday to go hunting
    or 4 wheeling.

  4. Dally

    Dally Guest

    John Hanson wrote:

    > Bizzare? You are "Determined" and you followed up to your own post.
    > How bizarre is that?

    Ah, I see your confusion. No, I'm not Determined. I know who she is,
    though. She's about ten years younger than me and considerably better
    looking. She'd be insulted at the confusion.

    Just FYI, I'm not Mistress Krista, either.

    >>What is your problem tonight? Having a bad Christmas? It kind of burns
    >>me that you are on such a tirade when I'm feeling all "good will towards
    >>men".
    >>

    > Just smacking people silly who deserve it.

    No, you're acting like a mean drunk, bullying people because you can.

    > BTW, I'm more of a
    > Thanksgiving kinda guy. Eat the big dinner on Thursday, hang with the
    > family and then you've got Friday, Saturday and Sunday to go hunting
    > or 4 wheeling.

    Which is fine. I'm glad your the outdoorsy kinda guy. But don't go
    smacking people around just because you're bored. That's not the kinda
    guy you want to be.

    Dally

  5. Dally

    Dally Guest

    John Hanson wrote:

    > BTW, I'm more of a
    > Thanksgiving kinda guy. Eat the big dinner on Thursday, hang with the
    > family and then you've got Friday, Saturday and Sunday to go hunting
    > or 4 wheeling.

    I forget, do you have kids? We do, and we just finished all the stuff
    we had to do before we could go to bed.

    So, as we say in our house, time to go to bed so Santa can come.

    <grin>

    Dally

  6. John Hanson

    John Hanson Guest

    On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:46:09 -0500, Dally <Dall[email protected]> wrote in
    misc.fitness.weights:

    >John Hanson wrote:
    >
    >> Bizzare? You are "Determined" and you followed up to your own post.
    >> How bizarre is that?

    >Ah, I see your confusion. No, I'm not Determined. I know who she is,
    >though. She's about ten years younger than me and considerably better
    >looking. She'd be insulted at the confusion.

    Hmmm. I swear I read a post by you admitting you were her. I might
    look through my archives tomorrow.

    >Just FYI, I'm not Mistress Krista, either.

    She's got the nice back.

    >>>What is your problem tonight? Having a bad Christmas? It kind of burns
    >>>me that you are on such a tirade when I'm feeling all "good will towards
    >>>men".
    >>>

    >> Just smacking people silly who deserve it.

    >No, you're acting like a mean drunk, bullying people because you can.

    I was drunk last night. Today I was just hungover:)

    >> BTW, I'm more of a
    >> Thanksgiving kinda guy. Eat the big dinner on Thursday, hang with the
    >> family and then you've got Friday, Saturday and Sunday to go hunting
    >> or 4 wheeling.

    >Which is fine. I'm glad your the outdoorsy kinda guy. But don't go
    >smacking people around just because you're bored. That's not the kinda
    >guy you want to be.

    Okay, Sis.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:
    >John Hanson wrote:
    >> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:30:59 GMT, "Determined"

    ^^^^
    >> <[email protected]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    >What is your problem tonight?

    He's trying to channel me.

    Seth
    --
    This is mfw, nobody wants to raise the quality of the
    discourse. -- Lyle McDonald