Re: Boris Johnson's bike stolen

On 3 Aug, 17:43, Marz <[email protected]> wrote:
> But what can you do about it. Say you are coming out of the swimming
> pool/shop/pub and find someone in the act of stealing your bike, what
> next?
>
> 1, Do you start dialing 999?
> 2, Kick him in the balls and then dial 999?
> 3, Pull his hoody over his eyes, kick him in the balls and then dial
> 999?
> 4, Shout 'oi' from a safe distance and hope he runs off?
> 5, Let him take it 'cos you need a new bike and your insurance will
> cover it?
> 6, Take a picture with your camera phone, shout 'oi' and then dial
> 999?
> 7, Start a slow clap (wasn't there some **** public information video
> from a few years back that had clapping)
> 8, Beat the **** out of him and ride home?
> 9, Exercise a citizen's arrest?
> 10, A combination of the above?

Thinking about it, has anyone ever seen these people nicking a bike?
I'm assumming these lot are semi-pro, with the inclination, tools adn
where with all to flog em on afterwards. *I'm talking nicking locked
up bikes and not just the opportunist scum.*

If I was to see one being nicked I'd like to think I'd cause soem
violence, but then you know you'd probably get arrested and the thief
let off.

I'd probably take a picture on my mobile to be honest and then a quick
oi. CCTV can then be used by the police to track the piece of
excrement. I'm a bit simple see?

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> On 3 Aug, 17:43, Marz <[email protected]> wrote:
> > But what can you do about it. Say you are coming out of the swimming
> > pool/shop/pub and find someone in the act of stealing your bike, what
> > next?
> >
> > 1, Do you start dialing 999?
> > 2, Kick him in the balls and then dial 999?
> > 3, Pull his hoody over his eyes, kick him in the balls and then dial
> > 999?
> > 4, Shout 'oi' from a safe distance and hope he runs off?
> > 5, Let him take it 'cos you need a new bike and your insurance will
> > cover it?
> > 6, Take a picture with your camera phone, shout 'oi' and then dial
> > 999?
> > 7, Start a slow clap (wasn't there some **** public information video
> > from a few years back that had clapping)
> > 8, Beat the **** out of him and ride home?
> > 9, Exercise a citizen's arrest?
> > 10, A combination of the above?

> Thinking about it, has anyone ever seen these people nicking a bike?
> I'm assumming these lot are semi-pro, with the inclination, tools adn
> where with all to flog em on afterwards. *I'm talking nicking locked
> up bikes and not just the opportunist scum.*
>
> If I was to see one being nicked I'd like to think I'd cause soem
> violence, but then you know you'd probably get arrested and the thief
> let off.

How would you know someone's nicking a bike? If it's outside the house of
someone you don't know, they could just casually walk up the path to the
front, take a moment to get on it and then ride it away, just as the owner
would.

The thing to do is not attract attention, and that's how it would be done.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:44:16 +0100, Dom Robinson wrote:

> How would you know someone's nicking a bike? If it's outside the house
> of someone you don't know, they could just casually walk up the path to
> the front, take a moment to get on it and then ride it away, just as the
> owner would.
>
> The thing to do is not attract attention, and that's how it would be
> done.

Its impossible to attract attention as long as you don't stand in the
wrong place to film it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbklkFuFk-4

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]lid
says...
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:44:16 +0100, Dom Robinson wrote:
> >
> > How would you know someone's nicking a bike? If it's outside the house
> > of someone you don't know, they could just casually walk up the path to
> > the front, take a moment to get on it and then ride it away, just as the
> > owner would.
> >
> > The thing to do is not attract attention, and that's how it would be
> > done.

> Its impossible to attract attention as long as you don't stand in the
> wrong place to film it:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbklkFuFk-4

Excellent video. It holds a mirror up to society and proves that no-one cares
even when they can see someone stealing something in broad daylight!
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)
/* 1135 DVDs, 351 games, 338 CDs, 110 cinema films, 42 concerts, videos & news
/* notes on a scandal, armored core 4, if..., marillion, flatout 3, alfie
New music charts - http://dvdfever.co.uk/music.shtml
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DVDfeverDom

In article <[email protected]>, Dom Robinson
[email protected] says...

> Excellent video. It holds a mirror up to society and proves that no-one cares
> even when they can see someone stealing something in broad daylight!

Or maybe that people are too scared to say anything in case they are
shot, stabbed or just mistaken?