Re: Breakfast-Poached eggs??

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Fudge, Jan 14, 2005.

  1. Fudge

    Fudge Guest

    Get the freshest of chicken periods. Fill a cast iron type frypan with
    about 1 1/2" hot water. Add salt and about 1/2 oz of white vinegar.
    Experiment with the amout of salt and vinegar. The vinegar causes the
    albumin in the egg whites to set. Gently slide cracked eggs into the hot
    water. Slide a spatula or lifter beneath the eggs to prevent them from
    sticking to the pan. Simmer gently until degree of doneness is reached. Do
    not boil. You can gently spoon the hot water over the yolk to aid in
    cooking. Serve over freshly made toast or toasted English Muffin. I like a
    touch of Dijon type mustard on the side.

    Ban Apetite
    Farmer John

    "Dog3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I was up earlier. My sleeping is off. I'm ready for breakfast. I'm

    thinking
    > poached eggs, bacon and some type of potato. I am ready for an egg or 2. I
    > think poached is good. Missy and Shelly snacked out for breakfast and Hoot
    > and Margaret fought over their bowls for breakfast. Gawd, the 2 cats are
    > going to kill me. They both bite. I know it is a territority(sp) thing but
    > still. Mean little brats.
    >
    > Okay, How do I poach eggs, I have never done it before? Do you just stick
    > 'em in water??
    >
    > Michael

    Tags:

  2. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "Fudge" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:c%[email protected]:

    > Get the freshest of chicken periods.

    I eat chicken eggs, I didn't even know chickens HAD periods.
    The things you learn.

    --
    Starchless in Manitoba.
    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl

  3. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Hahabogus wrote:
    > "Fudge" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:c%[email protected]:
    >

    >> Get the freshest of chicken periods.

    > I eat chicken eggs, I didn't even know chickens HAD periods.
    > The things you learn.

    ROTF... thanks. I need that!

    --
    Steve

    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
    Autograph your work with excellence.

  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Farmer John wrote:

    > Serve over freshly made toast or toasted English Muffin. I like a
    > touch of Dijon type mustard on the side.

    Whenever I have corned beef hash for breakfast, I have poached eggs with it,
    and accompany it with Tabasco and maybe a little catsup. But I recently
    tried mustard on the eggs at a local restaurant along with something called
    "Veneta Browns." (The restaurant's name is Veneta Rhea's.) They were hash
    browns with pastrami, corned beef, onions, and cheddar; mustard seems to
    make more sense than catsup or hot sauce.

    Bob

  5. JERRY MINASI

    JERRY MINASI Guest

    On 14 Jan 2005 11:57:05 -0600, "Bob" <[email protected]_spammer.com>
    wrote:

    I like to place my poached eggs in a bowl with two slices of buttered
    toast that is broken in peices.
    Jerry

  6. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > "Bob" <[email protected]_spammer.com> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> Farmer John wrote:
    >>
    >>> Serve over freshly made toast or toasted English Muffin. I like a
    >>> touch of Dijon type mustard on the side.

    >> Whenever I have corned beef hash for breakfast, I have poached eggs
    >> with it, and accompany it with Tabasco and maybe a little catsup. But
    >> I recently tried mustard on the eggs at a local restaurant along with
    >> something called "Veneta Browns." (The restaurant's name is Veneta
    >> Rhea's.) They were hash browns with pastrami, corned beef, onions,
    >> and cheddar; mustard seems to make more sense than catsup or hot
    >> sauce.
    >>
    >> Bob

    > The restaurant's breakfast sounds good. I have not had corned beef
    > hash in ages. I never think to order it. Unless I'm at a deli, I
    > never order pastrami. Nummm... I'm getting ideas.
    >
    > Michael

    Can't recall where we were - might have been Illinois. Corned beef hash was
    on the menu and John ordered some. Quite tasty! (We tend to feed each
    other off our plates.)

    Jill