Re: Breakfast-Poached eggs??

Fudge

Guest
Get the freshest of chicken periods. Fill a cast iron type frypan with
about 1 1/2" hot water. Add salt and about 1/2 oz of white vinegar.
Experiment with the amout of salt and vinegar. The vinegar causes the
albumin in the egg whites to set. Gently slide cracked eggs into the hot
water. Slide a spatula or lifter beneath the eggs to prevent them from
sticking to the pan. Simmer gently until degree of doneness is reached. Do
not boil. You can gently spoon the hot water over the yolk to aid in
cooking. Serve over freshly made toast or toasted English Muffin. I like a
touch of Dijon type mustard on the side.

Ban Apetite
Farmer John

"Dog3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was up earlier. My sleeping is off. I'm ready for breakfast. I'm

thinking
> poached eggs, bacon and some type of potato. I am ready for an egg or 2. I
> think poached is good. Missy and Shelly snacked out for breakfast and Hoot
> and Margaret fought over their bowls for breakfast. Gawd, the 2 cats are
> going to kill me. They both bite. I know it is a territority(sp) thing but
> still. Mean little brats.
>
> Okay, How do I poach eggs, I have never done it before? Do you just stick
> 'em in water??
>
> Michael

"Fudge" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:c%[email protected]:

> Get the freshest of chicken periods.

I eat chicken eggs, I didn't even know chickens HAD periods.
The things you learn.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl

Hahabogus wrote:
> "Fudge" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:c%[email protected]:
>

>> Get the freshest of chicken periods.

> I eat chicken eggs, I didn't even know chickens HAD periods.
> The things you learn.

ROTF... thanks. I need that!

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Farmer John wrote:

> Serve over freshly made toast or toasted English Muffin. I like a
> touch of Dijon type mustard on the side.

Whenever I have corned beef hash for breakfast, I have poached eggs with it,
and accompany it with Tabasco and maybe a little catsup. But I recently
tried mustard on the eggs at a local restaurant along with something called
"Veneta Browns." (The restaurant's name is Veneta Rhea's.) They were hash
browns with pastrami, corned beef, onions, and cheddar; mustard seems to
make more sense than catsup or hot sauce.

Bob

On 14 Jan 2005 11:57:05 -0600, "Bob" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.com>
wrote:

I like to place my poached eggs in a bowl with two slices of buttered
toast that is broken in peices.
Jerry

Dog3 wrote:
> "Bob" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.com> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> Farmer John wrote:
>>
>>> Serve over freshly made toast or toasted English Muffin. I like a
>>> touch of Dijon type mustard on the side.

>> Whenever I have corned beef hash for breakfast, I have poached eggs
>> with it, and accompany it with Tabasco and maybe a little catsup. But
>> I recently tried mustard on the eggs at a local restaurant along with
>> something called "Veneta Browns." (The restaurant's name is Veneta
>> Rhea's.) They were hash browns with pastrami, corned beef, onions,
>> and cheddar; mustard seems to make more sense than catsup or hot
>> sauce.
>>
>> Bob

> The restaurant's breakfast sounds good. I have not had corned beef
> hash in ages. I never think to order it. Unless I'm at a deli, I
> never order pastrami. Nummm... I'm getting ideas.
>
> Michael

Can't recall where we were - might have been Illinois. Corned beef hash was
on the menu and John ordered some. Quite tasty! (We tend to feed each
other off our plates.)

Jill