Re: Breakfast

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by serene, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. serene

    serene Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 06:13:54 -0800, Dog3 wrote
    (in article <[email protected]>):

    > I'm bored with eggs. I've made too many things with them. I decided to make
    > cheese grits this morning. Shredded cheddar, a bit of chopped bacon,
    > scalions and baked. Oh, lots of butter. Delish. But I love grits. I know
    > there are grits haters and beet haters on this group :)

    I don't tend to eat eggs, so breakfast is usually either hot cereal
    with butter (vegan margarine, actually) and agave syrup, or O'Brien
    potatoes fried up, or tofu scramble.

    serene, starting to get hungry, and needing to eat soft foods. Hot
    cereal it is.

    Tags:

  2. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2005-03-01, serene <[email protected]> wrote:

    > .......(vegan margarine, actually)....

    This may be a dumb question, but is there any other kind?

    nb

  3. serene

    serene Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 07:40:03 -0800, notbob wrote
    (in article <[email protected]>):

    > On 2005-03-01, serene <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> .......(vegan margarine, actually)....

    > This may be a dumb question, but is there any other kind?

    Sure. There's whey and/or other dairy stuff in most margarine. Not
    all, but most.

    (And most vegan margarine tastes foul, but I found one I liked and I
    stick with it.)

    serene

  4. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2005-03-01, serene <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Sure. There's whey and/or other dairy stuff in most margarine. Not
    > all, but most.

    OK, live and learn. Thank you.

    nb