Re: Broke three spokes and now I'm worried!

Robb Monn

Guest
thank you thank you.

I called the shop and spoke to the manager. He felt that his mechaninc
would have done the right thing in any case -- never allowing a bad
wheel to leave the shop and it was just a matter of the clerk trying to
be helpful. In any case it hurts a little to go in to a shop without a
lot bike mech knowledge and ask for the right thing and have people
tell you you're crazy.

I'm letting this shop do the job since my bike is already there, but
I'm considering moving on. Anyone have a good suggestion for a shop in
downtown Brooklyn?

Robb Monn wrote:
> thank you thank you.
>
> I called the shop and spoke to the manager. He felt that his mechaninc
> would have done the right thing in any case -- never allowing a bad
> wheel to leave the shop and it was just a matter of the clerk trying to
> be helpful. In any case it hurts a little to go in to a shop without a
> lot bike mech knowledge and ask for the right thing and have people
> tell you you're crazy.
>
> I'm letting this shop do the job since my bike is already there, but
> I'm considering moving on. Anyone have a good suggestion for a shop in
> downtown Brooklyn?

The **clerk**??? No wonder... That's the whole problem with
the interaction with this LBS, which may possibly be a good
one. Find out the tech's name and next time talk directly
with him. Bypass the unknowledgable buffer.