Re: Brooks B17 saddle

fidgetbuzz

Guest
Nick. wrote:
> I have just bought a B17 on recommendation from a friend as a replacement
> saddle for my Dawes Galaxy.
>

> Any comments from Brooks owners appreciated...
>
> Nick

My Brooks just over 12 months old has a slight ridge -- certainly big
enough to catch a finger nail on.

I also originally thought that there might be something wrong as I did
get a small tender spot at where I thought the ridge was rubbing -- but
that stopped very quickly and I am not sure whether it was due to the
ridge.

If your supplier has a saddle without a ridge -- i would suspect that
must clearly be better ( no possibility of a problem ) -- but I am
very happy with my Brooks- my cycling includes 300K audax and some big
Alpine climbs -- Galibier etc.

So -- get a swop if you can -- but I do not think sticking with it
will cause problems.
Roger