I posted this in another thread a while back, see if it help you any.
Quoted message said:Hey,
I think crank size really depends on your preference for riding. If you
like tricks such as spins or pirouettes then smaller cranks are better
because your pedals are less likely to hit the ground while leaning or
spinning or whatever.
As for my thoughts on this unicycle for freestyle:
Frame: In my opinion, the frame clearance from the top of the wheel is
way too high for freestyle, especially if you will be doing stand up
tricks.
Tire: I have not tried the hookworm (so i dont know much about it) but
for freestyle generally (at least i do) you want a tire with alot of
grip to it (yet non-marking). The Primo "The Wall" tire is good.
Seat: The non-upgraded seat that comes (stock KH) i think would be too
fat for freestyle. Something like a Nimbus/KH gel or off the like would
be better.
Seatpost: For your question on the seatpost, I would say get a 350mm or
300mm, for freestyle you want a high seat to make wheel/stand up tricks
easier.
My recommendation for a freestyle unicycle, is the upgraded XL 20"
Freestyle from Semcycle.com with ALL of the upgrades (except maybe the
saddle upgrade. more of a preference thing though). I think with all
the upgrades mine was $220 (including shipping) and it is a great
freestyle unicycle. Read through this thread when i got a freestyle
unicycle last August:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42384
EDIT: A picture in this thread:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43909. Since then,
ive gotten a White primo "the wall" tire and i got a nimbus gel seat.
Hope that helped.
--
skate4flip
reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 8/17/06*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55335