Re: bypass surgery

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mu_nlight Drive, Sep 28, 2003.

  1. Maybe Dr. Chung can assist you

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 05:39:36 GMT, "HerbF" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    > In the 44 years of being a type two,I can't remember ever being this
    >apprehensive about any problem. I had a heart cath yesterday. I have been
    >experiencing shortness of breath for quite a while, and it's become more
    >pronounced in the last 6 weeks. The cath showed numerous blockages of 50 to
    >90%. Because there are so many another angioplasty is out of the question.
    >I'm scheduled for a triple bypass on Wed. What concerns me the most is after
    >44 years of diabetes, will the veins in my legs be good enough to use. If
    >not, the Surgeon intends to use a mammary vein and an artery from my arm. I
    >have been the Patriarch of my family for over 20 years and as such, when
    >there is a problem I am the pillar that everyone could count on for
    >strength. I just can't let them know how apprehensive I really am, so I hope
    >my friends at ASD won't mind me dumping on them.-----Herb F.

    Tags:

  2. Mu_nlight Drive wrote:

    > Maybe Dr. Chung can assist you

    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 05:39:36 GMT, "HerbF" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi All,
    > > In the 44 years of being a type two,I can't remember ever being this
    > >apprehensive about any problem. I had a heart cath yesterday. I have been
    > >experiencing shortness of breath for quite a while, and it's become more
    > >pronounced in the last 6 weeks. The cath showed numerous blockages of 50 to
    > >90%. Because there are so many another angioplasty is out of the question.
    > >I'm scheduled for a triple bypass on Wed. What concerns me the most is after
    > >44 years of diabetes, will the veins in my legs be good enough to use.

    Should be unless there has been a lot of smoking.

    > If
    > >not, the Surgeon intends to use a mammary vein and an artery from my arm. I
    > >have been the Patriarch of my family for over 20 years and as such, when
    > >there is a problem I am the pillar that everyone could count on for
    > >strength. I just can't let them know how apprehensive I really am, so I hope
    > >my friends at ASD won't mind me dumping on them.-----Herb F.

    Hope the above information helps you.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  3. Elva4

    Elva4 Guest

    >>I'm scheduled for a triple bypass on Wed. What concerns me the most is after
    >>44 years of diabetes, will the veins in my legs be good enough to use. If
    >>not, the Surgeon intends to use a mammary vein and an artery from my arm.

    Herb F,
    You can get alot of information at this site to answer your questions and
    alleviate your fears.
    http://www.heartcenteronline.com/The_Bypass_Surgery_Center.html?WT.srch=1
    Your family loves you so it is time to lean on them as they have always
    leaned on you. That is what life is all about. Don`t be so macho and brave!
    Virginia in MI p.s. Good luck!!!! I had a quintuple 2 yrs ago.

  4. bjmpls

    bjmpls Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Mu_nlight Drive wrote:
    >
    > > Maybe Dr. Chung can assist you
    > >
    > > =========================================================================
    > > On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 05:39:36 GMT, "HerbF" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi All,
    > > > In the 44 years of being a type two,I can't remember ever being this
    > > >apprehensive about any problem. I had a heart cath yesterday. I have been
    > > >experiencing shortness of breath for quite a while, and it's become more
    > > >pronounced in the last 6 weeks. The cath showed numerous blockages of 50 to
    > > >90%. Because there are so many another angioplasty is out of the question.
    > > >I'm scheduled for a triple bypass on Wed. What concerns me the most is after
    > > >44 years of diabetes, will the veins in my legs be good enough to use.

    > Should be unless there has been a lot of smoking.
    >
    > > If
    > > >not, the Surgeon intends to use a mammary vein and an artery from my arm. I
    > > >have been the Patriarch of my family for over 20 years and as such, when
    > > >there is a problem I am the pillar that everyone could count on for
    > > >strength. I just can't let them know how apprehensive I really am, so I hope
    > > >my friends at ASD won't mind me dumping on them.-----Herb F.
    > > >

    > Hope the above information helps you.

    F'kin A