Re: California here we come!

shabby

Guest
Hello everyone, my wife and I are planning a trip to California from
Toronto, Canada this Sept. We are looking for as much help as we can. We
are planning to land in San Francisco and spend one night there, maybe
do some Marin County muniing. I am a begginner/intermediate-whatever
that means-rider, I like short technical stuff, not much into the long
epic rides yet but love to explore new stuff (by the way my wife does
not ride but she is a trooper and comes hiking with me when I muni). We
then plan to rent a car and travel to Yosemite and spend a couple of
nights sight seeing and hiking there. Then on to LA. This is where we
need some help. We are looking for some good hiking/muniing/sight seeing
stuff to do on the way to LA. We have not yet planned a route. Also,
when we do get to LA, aside from all the touristy stuff, we would like
to do some more muniing/hiking around the area.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Wayne.

--
shabby
shabby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/865

I don't have the dates yet, because I'm waiting for more info. on biking
events at Northstar but the California Mountain Unicycle Weekend will be
in September in the Lake Tahoe area.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!

Thanks John, I did not know that the CMUW was in September. I would
really appreciate it if you could let me know as soon as is convenient
for you what the dates are and where the event will take place (flights
are getting booked up fast). Depending on when it is we might land in
either LA and maybe fly/drive to Reno/Tahoe airport for the event or
land in Reno/Tahoe airport and fly/drive to LA. Of course we would still
like to fit in Yosemite somewhere in there.

Thanks again John, look forward to hearing from you further,

Wayne.

--

shabby wrote:
> *Thanks John, I did not know that the CMUW was in September. I would
> really appreciate it if you could let me know as soon as is convenient
> for you what the dates are and where the event will take place
> (flights are getting booked up fast). Depending on when it is we might
> land in either LA and maybe fly/drive to Reno/Tahoe airport for the
> event or land in Reno/Tahoe airport and fly/drive to LA. Of course we
> would still like to fit in Yosemite somewhere in there.
>
> Thanks again John, look forward to hearing from you further,
>
> Wayne. *

La to Tahoe is a
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
drive (not that I'm one to talk, Sf to moab. 17 hours!)! Honestly,
that's what airplanes and helis are for.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?

There are a few of us down here in San Diego. If you feel like going a
little farther south we'd love to muni with you. I dont know what
everyone will be doing in Sept but im sure at least a couple of us will
still be around.

Shoot me an email sometime and i can also give you the other guys' email
addresses.:)

-erik Bustin_the_Mango (at) hotmail . com

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

"I know I'd be willing to spend up to $20 for a set of strong nipples."
-andrew_carter

(sorry buddy, couldnt resist =)

mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

I'm about to take my Coker out to Big Sycamore Canyon, an 8-mile
walking/biking trail running through the Santa Monica Mountains between
Newberry Park and the Pacific Ocean. I'll let you know how it is, and
I'd be delighted to go with y'all.

-Joel

--
velarpinch - no less than one scab per ride
velarpinch's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1634

Hey John, do I understand you currectly in that the event will be in or
around Northstar, which if I see currectly is at the north part of Lake
Tahoe.

Mango, thanks for the invite that sounds terrific. Right now we would
like to come down to San Diego but we are not sure how we will do things
until we get some dates for the Cali Muni weekend.

Joel, that sounds good. Is that trail pretty close to LA? We plan on
spending most of our time, not including travel time between cities in
and around LA. I am sure there are plenty of trails to ride for someone
of my modest eastern Canadian riding experience, but if you don't know
where to start it can waste alot of time.

Thanks all, Wayne.

--
shabby
shabby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/865

Hi Wayne,

If you want to add Santa Barbara to your itenerary we'd be happy to show
you around the trails here. Late afternoons and/or weekends work best
for us. There are a few pictures @ <http://www.sbuni.org/gallery/> In
case you don't already know SB is about 1-1.5 hours north of LA
depending on where in LA and what time of the day (in regards to driving
that is). If you plan on adding a night make sure to book soon cause it
fills up pretty fast for that time of year. Of course if it's the same
weekend as CMUW, we won't be here :)

matt

--
myocardial - I fell into a burning ring of fire.

Matt Wilhelm
Illustrated One Wheeler
Santa Barbara Unicycle Club
[email protected]
<http://www.sbuni.org>
myocardial's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3468

Weekends in Sept are usually taken up with some event or other, but if
you're passing through the South Bay area during the week and have time
for an evening ride (Coker or Muni) let me know. Los Gatos is about 1
hour south of San Francisco by car and we have some nice rides we can do
from my house. nathan at movaris.com

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Hey Matt, Nathan, thanks so much for the invites. I look forward to some
amazing riding in Cali. The problem right now is that we are waiting to
see when the CMUW is going to be so that we can check fligts and book
time off work. Also, CMUV will determine where we fly into and where we
leave. So, all that will determine where I can ride. We are both looking
forward to this trip and hope to see you all in September.

Wayne.