Re: Calorie Intake

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by John Sankey, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. John Sankey

    John Sankey Guest

    It depends on your metabolism - the absorption of calories differs
    with different people. Some people absorb everything (a neighbour can
    eat only 800 calories a day or she gets fat). Some (like me when I
    was younger) simply stop absorbing energy when they have enough. Most
    people are somewhere between. The simple answer is: watch YOUR
    weight.

    Tags:

  2. TC

    TC Guest

    According to all the medical and bio-chemical textbooks I've read, we
    all have the same metabolism.

    The variable is not the metabolism but the quality of the carbs and
    other foods consumed.

    TC

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > According to all the medical and bio-chemical textbooks I've read, we
    > all have the same metabolism.
    >
    > The variable is not the metabolism but the quality of the carbs and
    > other foods consumed.
    >
    > TC

    Ooh - *quality* of carbs?

    Do you mean simple as opposed to complex etc?

  4. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > According to all the medical and bio-chemical textbooks I've read, we
    > all have the same metabolism.
    >
    > The variable is not the metabolism but the quality of the carbs and
    > other foods consumed.
    >
    > TC

    Ooh - *quality* of carbs?

    Do you mean simple as opposed to complex etc?

  5. TC

    TC Guest

    No. Naturally occurring low-carb-density high-nutrition-density
    wholefood carbs vs highly refined high-carb-density
    low-nutrition-density carbs.
    Real food vs. manufactured and refined foods.

    TC