Re: Campy Cartridge BB For Victory Cranks

Donald Gillies

Guest
Actually, I think it needs 109.5, and all these vintage bikes have a 3
mm drive-side offset. to convert to modern (symmetric), just add 3mm,
i.e. 109.5 + 3mm = 112.5 ~ 113mm is probably the best fit, UN-53 or
UN-73 would work great ...

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA, USA

"Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Actually, I think it needs 109.5, and all these vintage bikes have a 3
> mm drive-side offset. to convert to modern (symmetric), just add 3mm,
> i.e. 109.5 + 3mm = 112.5 ~ 113mm is probably the best fit, UN-53 or
> UN-73 would work great ...
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA, USA

The Campy Victory cranks on this bike used a 110mm symmetrical BB spindle.
I got a Campy AC-S BB cartridge from a LBS that will work fine.

The original Campy spindle measured 110.5mm and the AC-S 111mm measures
111.5mm. I figure Campy's manufacturing tolerance is ± 1mm. ;-)

I went through a box of about 50 old BB spindles a while back looking for
a particular length part. They were mostly Campy and Shimano with some
others mixed in. It seemed like the length tolerance on those averaged
about ± 2mm from what they were spec'ed.

Chas.