General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Can a man gain weight on&n

Started by myselfcom · · Last activity · 1 post · 285 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 July 2005
Last activity
9 July 2005
Original author
myselfcom
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
285
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Thanks for the posts.
    Geez, I didnt realize that it was possible to be in a situation like
    that, eating small quantities but gaining weight.

    TC said:
    John Sankey said:

    People differ greatly in the efficiency with which they convert
    calories to fat. Officially I'm supposed to need 3000+ calories/day
    (I'm 6'4"😉. In fact, I gain weight if I eat more than 1500 or so.
    I have a neighbour who has to stay below 1000 to avoid getting
    fat (And by fat, I mean that she was well over 300 lb until she
    got a sensible doctor who told her she could either voluntarily
    stop eating so much, or he could arrange for an operation to cut
    out 80% of her stomach so she wouldn't want/be able to eat so much.
    She refused the operation, and is doing the best she can to stop
    eating. It's tough!)

    Yep, everyone has a different metabolism. That is why there are
    millions of different and unique bio-chemistry textbooks at
    universities. One for each person in the world.

    TC

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.