Re: cardiac PET scan

Andrew Kerr

Guest
"John Wendel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1) Up to what size in cm is heart attack considered large,moderate and
> small? 2)What's the smallest (in cm) heart attack that PET or SPECT can
> easily detect?3) Which test is better in diagnosing CAD: a resting only
> PET scan with FDG and rubidium or stress echo? Thanks

1. I don't know, ask a cardiologist. I would think that percent of overall
heart muscle would be more important than actual size.

2. That question can't be answered. It will depend on the system resolution
of the camera, the isotope used, the patients body habitus, and other
factors.

3. A rest only PET scan will not be much use in diagnosing CAD. The stress
portion of the test is needed. Given those two choices, a stress echo is the
better option.

Andrew