Re: Cassettes Are Not Eco-Friendly

Carl Sundquist

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:5d83c30f-cb79-4e65-a98d-2be181a117a5@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> On 22 Jun., 22:10, James <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Cassettes really bug me. Invariably I wear out one, maybe two cogs,
>> which leads to cassette replacement. It bugs me to throw away a
>> cassette that still has 8 perfectly good cogs on it.

> Well, both Shimano and Campagnolo actually sell individual sprockets
> as spare parts.
> Look at their technical documentation, note the spare part number,
> order the spare part from any certified Campagnolo or Shimano dealer.
> This is how it should work, at least in theory.
> Few online dealers sells Shimano or Campagnolo spare parts, and fewer
> seems to have individual sprockets. In the EU I only know of www.rose.de
> who carries such spare parts.
>
> --
> Regards

Assos Beach Towel!!!

Only $76 + $47 Shipping!!!

http://www.roseversand.de/output/controller.aspx?cid=156&detail=10&detail2=6873

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> Assos Beach Towel!!!
> Only $76 + $47 Shipping!!!

Dumbass,
This is an Assos towel. It has the following important properties:
"
The towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar
hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap
it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan
Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of
Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it
beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon;
use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use
in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious
fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a
mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it
can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your
towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off
with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some
reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker
has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in
possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask,
compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit
etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker
any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might
accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who
can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it,
struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his
towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
"

Carl Sundquist skrev:

> Assos Beach Towel!!!
>
> Only $76 + $47 Shipping!!!
>
> http://www.roseversand.de/output/controller.aspx?cid=156&detail=10&detail2=6873

I raise you with a $356.40 Gucci towel:
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp;jsessionid=IfvipG4qepceXI6mId4TNUoSHgyyrpf821c2ex4MS0TAKwbkeZnl!-2052167204!app4.l3.bluefly.com!7005!8005?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2087338697&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2047121551&N=2047121551+4294967101&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

While this Assos beach towel is overpriced, Assos bibs and winter gear
is top quality. I know several people who says that Assos bibs like
the F.I. 13 or Mille is the best cycling investment they have made.

--
Regards

Donald Munro wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> Assos Beach Towel!!!
>> Only $76 + $47 Shipping!!!

> Dumbass,
> This is an Assos towel. It has the following important properties:
> "
> The towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar
> hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap
> it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan
> Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of
> Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it
> beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon;
> use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use
> in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious
> fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a
> mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it
> can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your
> towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off
> with it if it still seems to be clean enough.
>
> More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some
> reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker
> has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in
> possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask,
> compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit
> etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker
> any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might
> accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who
> can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it,
> struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his
> towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
> "

And that's just what a lousy K-Mart towel can do. Imagine how much
better the Assos towel must be!

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> And that's just what a lousy K-Mart towel can do. Imagine how much better
> the Assos towel must be!

But do they come in XXXXXL ?

phs123 wrote:
> I know several people who says that Assos bibs like the F.I.
> 13 or Mille is the best cycling investment they have made.

Best or biggest ?

On 23 Jun., 16:56, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> phs123 wrote:
> > I know several people who says that Assos bibs like the F.I.
> > 13 or Mille is the best cycling investment they have made.

> Best or biggest ?

Best.
As I said, Assos makes top quality cycling clothes.

--
Regards

On Jun 23, 2:16 am, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > Assos Beach Towel!!!
> > Only $76 + $47 Shipping!!!

> Dumbass,
> This is an Assos towel. It has the following important properties:
> "..."

What about drying the nutsack after shaving and rinsing?

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> What about drying the nutsack after shaving and rinsing?

Real men wax.

On Jun 23, 2:22 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
>
> > What about drying the nutsack after shaving and rinsing?

> Real men wax.

Hot wax, then fling it around outside on the deck to get rid of the
excess.

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> > What about drying the nutsack after shaving and rinsing?

> Real men wax.

Brings new meaning to the phrase "Brazilian cyclist."

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull