Re: "Catastrophic" failure of mountain bike fork lowers (Manitou Skareb Comp)

GeeDubb

Guest
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> I'm a mechanical engineering student. The post was written more for
>> rec.bike.tech, but I guess I won't lose the group next time with my
>> techno babble.
>>

> Well, that explains a lot. I think GeeDub is a mech eng, too. But I
> don't remember him using techno babble.

I'd never admit to being an engineer (glorified secretary), especially a
mechanical engineer. Lowest form of life next to Mike Vandeman. Like Mike,
mechanical engineers think they know all that there is to know until you
point out their obvious flaws......which they still insist is
correct.....until it breaks like the manitou fork.......and for craps sake,
stop trying to re-invent the freeken wheel.....and admit when you're
wrong!!!!

They don't call it a BS in Engineering for nothing. <(;-}

Gary (Williams Woodworking, Inc.!)

"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>> I'm a mechanical engineering student. The post was written more for
>>> rec.bike.tech, but I guess I won't lose the group next time with my
>>> techno babble.
>>>

>> Well, that explains a lot. I think GeeDub is a mech eng, too. But I
>> don't remember him using techno babble.

> I'd never admit to being an engineer (glorified secretary), especially a
> mechanical engineer. Lowest form of life next to Mike Vandeman. Like
> Mike,

Your ignorance is fantastic. I see you like working with your hands and not
your brain. Sounds like you just don't like being wrong. It's hard, but
you'll get used to it.

cc

cc wrote:
> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>>>

>>> Well, that explains a lot. I think GeeDub is a mech eng, too. But
>>> I don't remember him using techno babble.

>> I'd never admit to being an engineer (glorified secretary),
>> especially a mechanical engineer. Lowest form of life next to Mike
>> Vandeman. Like Mike,

> Your ignorance is fantastic. I see you like working with your hands
> and not your brain. Sounds like you just don't like being wrong. It's
> hard, but you'll get used to it.
>
> cc

The fact that I'm able to work with my hands puts me miles ahead of most
ME's. Ninety percent of them don't know how to put things together and
can't admit to that. Both the brain and hand have to work together which is
why I've made a successful career out of both woodworking and engineering.
I'm wrong a lot and I admit it. Very few engineers I've worked with can
claim the same, even when somebody shows them their mistake.

Then there's the issue with dealing with an ME buying a house and thinking
metallurgical tolerances should (and can) be applied to wood and drywall.
Dumbasses!

Gary