Re: Cheap dual bikes vs Claude Butler

Peter Clinch

> Hi, I've recently bought a Claude Butler Supermoto Mens 26ins, 24
> Speed mountain bike for about £150 from a local auction in London.
> These bikes got for £370 new.
> Shown here:
> http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xDN-Sports_and_Outdoors--14088_price_range_above_300-14068_men
>
> I'm seeing a *lot* of cheaper bikes for £70, 26ins, 24 speed that also
> have dual suspension and shimano gears. Is there much difference
> between the cheaper bikes and the hand made Claude Butlers?

The CB you have very probably isn't very good: full suspension at this
sort of price is basically sheep in wolf's clothing stuff.

£70 bikes, OTH, are lame sheep with bad asthma in wolf's clothing. In
automotive terms, think clapped out Lada with remoulds but a shiny paint
job, alloys and a big spoiler.

Junk, in other words, that will weigh a tonne and go wrong.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK