Re: Chuck Taylor All Stars For Squatting

Curt James

> I recall someone recommending the
> Chuck Taylor All Stars Sneakers for
> squatting.
>
> I have a couple questions as I am
> thinking about ordering a pair.
>
> Do they run true to size. I have read
> conflicting reports ranging from true
> to size to a full size too large. I wear
> a 10.5 and can only choose between 10 and
> 11. Does anyone use these and give me
> suggestion.
>
> Also should I get the hitop or low top.

Paul, if you can only choose between 10 and 11 then I'd pick the
elevens. My shoe size is 10 1/2, too. My Phat Farms are 10 1/2 and my
Nikes are 11. I've only ever had high top Chucks, but would think that
low tops would work similarly for squats.

I've seen pics of Ah-nuld and Ed Corney squatting barefoot in the old
Pumping Iron book from the '70s, but if I was getting new shoes, I'd
order some high top Adidas (and wear 'em with black socks just like
Franco Columbu). Those were my favorite shoes for squats back in the
day. YMMV, of course.

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/

On 23 Feb 2005 17:43:45 -0800, "Curt James" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> I recall someone recommending the
>> Chuck Taylor All Stars Sneakers for
>> squatting.
>>
>> I have a couple questions as I am
>> thinking about ordering a pair.
>>
>> Do they run true to size. I have read
>> conflicting reports ranging from true
>> to size to a full size too large. I wear
>> a 10.5 and can only choose between 10 and
>> 11. Does anyone use these and give me
>> suggestion.
>>
>> Also should I get the hitop or low top.

>Paul, if you can only choose between 10 and 11 then I'd pick the
>elevens. My shoe size is 10 1/2, too. My Phat Farms are 10 1/2 and my
>Nikes are 11. I've only ever had high top Chucks, but would think that
>low tops would work similarly for squats.
>
>I've seen pics of Ah-nuld and Ed Corney squatting barefoot in the old
>Pumping Iron book from the '70s, but if I was getting new shoes, I'd
>order some high top Adidas (and wear 'em with black socks just like
>Franco Columbu). Those were my favorite shoes for squats back in the
>day. YMMV, of course.

OK, just to be difficult. . . I have canvas CT high tops size 10 and
my shoe size is 10.5 I only wear these at the gym. They're
comfortable.