John E said:Any thoughts no this CKD diet?
Many of us have tried this, with various results.
http://www.delorie.com/health/ and read the "Leptin" sidebars for some
info on why it works.
Quoted message said:After being in Ketosis for 20 days, I find myself lacking energy
(not enthusiasm) to workout although I've had pleanty of sleep/rest
before the gym time.
Stats? 20 days is not enough to warrant changing anything yet, ask
again in 4-5 months. CKD works best for leaner individuals who can
take advantage of the leptin boost; for heavier people CKD is not
needed and TKD is usually a lot easier and just as effective.
Quoted message said:Many CKD sites suggested the diet's alternation tends to shock the body.
Quoted message said:I find 6 days of low carbing not enough since you enter ketosis on
4th day. That gives u only 2 days of burning fat for energy. If
they suggested 15 days ketosis followed by 3 day high carb, I can
understand.
What you didn't pick up is that long-term LCers can drop back into
ketosis a lot faster than the first time around. Plus, if CKD is done
right, the carbs you eat don't do much for the liver - it takes very
little to deplete it and get back to burning fat. Done just right,
and you burn fat throughout the carb-up period.
Quoted message said:Is CKD for bodybuilders that are a little fat but seek more defined
muscles?
It's most effective for them. The latest revision of it is the
Ultimate Diet 2.0 (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/) which is a 5+2
cycle.