rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Coker Ride With Goats.

Started by Jerrick · · Last activity · 1 post · 147 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
2 March 2007
Last activity
2 March 2007
Original author
Jerrick
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
147
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I keep following this road for a long time, and then natures strikes. At
    first it was still sunny, but tiny flakes of snow falling down. About
    500 feet in front of me, I could see fog. I reach the fog and it got
    really cold, really fast. Shortly after entering the fog, the snow
    started to kick up, and soon it was a total white out. I couldn't see
    anything in front of me, it was just white form the heavy snowfall and
    the fog, but I kept riding through. Within a minuet, my clothes had
    snow piling up, and collecting all over. I probably looked like a
    snowman riding on top of a huge white wheel.

    I finally got out of the blizzard, and could see the next road I
    need to take, once getting there I took a left, followed that road, too
    another left, followed that road up a hill, and took my last left. I am
    now right by Jackie's house, but It was confusing, cause there is about
    7 houses all with the same address, but Jackie's house was the letter
    C, and I somehow got to House J. Turning around I took a different
    path. Riding along, I see someone with long hair jump up and start
    running. I made it to Jackie's!

    I ride up, and oddly enough, well for me, it wasn't awkward at
    all, it was almost like I already knew him and we were pretty good
    friends already, but what sucked was, that one black dog was still
    following me, and Jackie has 2 dogs, so we had to settle that. Tying up
    Jackie's 2 dogs, and trying to get the black dog away, wasn't too bad,
    but once me and and Jackie went into his house, the black dog went
    inside too. Ugh..

    18262

    His house was awesome, and his mom was very nice and offered me
    tea or hot chocolate right when I got in there. I choose the tea, and
    it was delicious, and warmed me up really quick. After seeing Jackie's
    room and hanging out at his house for a while, we decided to go ride
    the trails.

    The trails were nice and covered in crunchy snow, about 3-5
    inches deep. It was really weird doing Muni on the cokers, but we had
    lots of fun, got some good footage, and some great wrecks from me. I
    dont know how long we were out, but it was pretty dark once we got in,
    and only 20 degrees out too. The mud that collected on my pants froze,
    which also froze my pants.

    At the end of the day, I bent a crank, warped my rim by about a
    cm, slid in mud, and had great fun, so it was an awesome day and worth
    the miles and miles of pure hill climbing.

    Hanging out with Jackie was amazing, and I am gonna have to go
    up there again once the snow melts and the trails clear up.

    I was about to ride home, which would of been fun, specially
    cause everything that was wet, would be ice now, my left crank was
    bent, and it would of been all downhill to home, but his mom said she
    would take me into town instead of me riding back, which was really
    nice of her.

    We are gonna be getting a vid out sometimes so you'll be able to
    see everything that we tried out and then some.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Jer-and-Dog.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/18262 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58529

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.