Re: Coker Wheelman

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by oxfordrider, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. oxfordrider

    oxfordrider Guest

    I was looking at a coker wheelman on e-bay and it said you could
    pedal or coast. I thought it would have the same hub as a coker
    unicycle. It seems that coasting would be a good feature on a unicycle
    I'm curious how the hub works. Does anyone know?

    --
    oxfordrider
    oxfordrider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5600

  2. bugman

    bugman Guest

    oxfordrider wrote:
    > *I was looking at a coker wheelman on e-bay and it said you could
    > pedal or coast. I thought it would have the same hub as a coker
    > unicycle. It seems that coasting would be a good feature on a
    > unicycle I'm curious how the hub works. Does anyone know? *

    Coasting is not a good feature on a unicycle. You need back pedal
    pressure to maintain balance.

    On the Wheelman you don't have that same need. It also has hand brakes
    for slowing down or stopping. It is a very unusual ride that is for
    sure. Not at all like riding a standard bike. As for the hub, it
    allows you to pedal forward, and coast while not pedalling.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with
    his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive
    achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
    Ayn Rand