Re: cold setting 135 mm rear end down to 130 mm

Boris Foelsch

Guest
"chalo colina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> It seems much smarter to me, if you are going to be bending frames, to
> set them all to 135mm.
>
> You can increase the critical right side center-to-flange spacing in
> your rear wheel by up to a third, just by going from 130mm to 135mm.
> Unless you race in UCI sanctioned events, there's really no reason
> whatsoever to use the narrower spacing.

True, except that 130 mm wheels are easy to get at a good price. That is the
main reason I care. And I'm not about to mess with my lightweight, custom
road frame. I'll probably just keep having to scrounge/build/buy a 135 mm,
700c wheel for the Salsa every few years. Or buy a lighter cross frame.

Like I said, I had my doubts. Thanks for the input anyhow.

Boris