Re: Congrats Lance!

"Robert Megee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yep, home town boy does good.
> On 28 Jul 2003 12:34:19 +0950, R2D2 <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>What an inspiration.

The most wonderful thing about Lance's victories is that he is kicking
French ass. And God only knows how badly French ass needs to be kicked.
Treasonous and perfidious bastards like the French should be drummed out of
Western Civilization for their support of Sadaam Hussein's Iraq. Let us all
hope and pray that the Islamic terrorists will set off an atomic bomb
somewhere in France kill several million Frenchmen. Oh Happy Day!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Spoken like a true Minnesota twit. Like many Minnesotans, I'm sure
you've never traveled more than a couple of miles from your double wide
to actually venture out into the world. What a frustrating life it must
be to toil away on the tundra bereft of any real world experience. Tap
tap tap goes poor Edward Dolan on his keyboard from the land of the
Cohen brothers, waxing poetic about a world beyond his doorstep that he
doesn't understand. Eat your freedom fries fat boy and type on...the
average French school boy knows more about the world than you do.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Robert Megee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Yep, home town boy does good.
> > On 28 Jul 2003 12:34:19 +0950, R2D2 <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>What an inspiration.

> The most wonderful thing about Lance's victories is that he is kicking
> French ass. And God only knows how badly French ass needs to be kicked.
> Treasonous and perfidious bastards like the French should be drummed out of
> Western Civilization for their support of Sadaam Hussein's Iraq. Let us all
> hope and pray that the Islamic terrorists will set off an atomic bomb
> somewhere in France kill several million Frenchmen. Oh Happy Day!
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Spoken like a true Minnesota twit. Like many Minnesotans, I'm sure
> you've never traveled more than a couple of miles from your double wide
> to actually venture out into the world. What a frustrating life it must
> be to toil away on the tundra bereft of any real world experience. Tap
> tap tap goes poor Edward Dolan on his keyboard from the land of the
> Cohen brothers, waxing poetic about a world beyond his doorstep that he
> doesn't understand. Eat your freedom fries fat boy and type on...the
> average French school boy knows more about the world than you do.

Sr (stands for Stupidus Retard no doubt) has top posted and should therefore
be regarded as the true idiot that he is. Why is it that all idiots think
that what they have to say always takes precedence over the message that
they are responding to. My patience is sorely tired by those who do not know
the first thing about how to post to a newsgroup.

The g.d. French, one of many favorite subjects and pet peeves, are the most
ignorant people on earth. The French are known throughout history for being
swine and traitors to Western Civilization. Are the French Mediterranean or
Western? I maintain that the French are more Mediterranean than Western and
are therefore NOT to be trusted. I mean, just how much trust would you give
to the Spanish, the Italians and the Greeks. They are all just one step
removed from the despicable Arabs of North Africa and have most likely been
contaminated and polluted by Arab blood.

Let's see, who else can I insult in a very short post. No, I think I have
done my duty without going on and on forever telling all of you what I
think of freaking humans, no matter where they reside. However, I will admit
we Americans are the one and only Great People, just like I am a Great
Person.

And now for a word about Minnesota and Minnesotans. I have been born out of
my time and place. Truth to tell, Minnesota is not worthy of me. After all,
this is the state where fools like Perry Butler is from - Alexandria I
think. I am actually a resident of Mount Parnassus where I only consort with
other Gods like myself.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

aka

PS. Does anyone in the world really LIKE Lance Armstrong - or am I the only
one who thinks he is a first class asshole?

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Robert Megee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Yep, home town boy does good.

>> The most wonderful thing about Lance's victories is that he is kicking
>> French ass. And God only knows how badly French ass needs to be kicked.
>> Treasonous and perfidious bastards like the French should be drummed out
>> of
>> Western Civilization for their support of Sadaam Hussein's Iraq. Let us
>> all
>> hope and pray that the Islamic terrorists will set off an atomic bomb
>> somewhere in France and kill several million Frenchmen. Oh Happy Day!
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

"PS. Does anyone in the world really LIKE Lance Armstrong - or am I the
only
one who thinks he is a first class asshole? "

Hmmm. Let me see.

A guy who has beat cancer, has risin from virtual obscurity to win one
of the most difficult feats of endurance against the best--- seven
times, and who has brought awareness and millions of dollars to help
people he doesn't even know.

Yeah. That's some asshole alright.

Is it possible, Ed, that your stated opinion of Lance is just another
means by which to begin yet another Dolan-esque flaming thread for no
other reason than to give you purpose to post here? Don't get me
wrong, I'd still read such a thread as I've always found your rants
amusing. But I gotta know, why is Lance of all people an asshole?

Flame on me good, Ed. It's been a rotten day here and I could use a
good laugh.

-Leif

"Leif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "PS. Does anyone in the world really LIKE Lance Armstrong - or am I the
> only
> one who thinks he is a first class asshole? "
>
> Hmmm. Let me see.
>
> A guy who has beat cancer, has risin from virtual obscurity to win one
> of the most difficult feats of endurance against the best--- seven
> times, and who has brought awareness and millions of dollars to help
> people he doesn't even know.
>
> Yeah. That's some asshole alright.

Nope, sorry, he is not likable. Why did he divorce his first wife after she
stood by him when he was dying of cancer? But the main problem with him is
that he lacks modesty. He should model himself after me, ever the perfect
example of modesty and humility.

> Is it possible, Ed, that your stated opinion of Lance is just another
> means by which to begin yet another Dolan-esque flaming thread for no
> other reason than to give you purpose to post here? Don't get me
> wrong, I'd still read such a thread as I've always found your rants
> amusing. But I gotta know, why is Lance of all people an asshole?

I am not sure why, but I have never liked Lance. Hells Bells, I even read
his book where he describes what it was like to be dying of cancer. But
sorry, he is just not my kind of person. On the other hand, I have always
liked Greg LeMond. No doubt, it is just all chemistry.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

"Leif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "PS. Does anyone in the world really LIKE Lance Armstrong - or am I the
> only
> one who thinks he is a first class asshole? "
>
> Hmmm. Let me see.
>
> A guy who has beat cancer, has risin from virtual obscurity to win one
> of the most difficult feats of endurance against the best--- seven
> times, and who has brought awareness and millions of dollars to help
> people he doesn't even know.
>
> Yeah. That's some asshole alright.
>
> Is it possible, Ed, that your stated opinion of Lance is just another
> means by which to begin yet another Dolan-esque flaming thread for no
> other reason than to give you purpose to post here? Don't get me
> wrong, I'd still read such a thread as I've always found your rants
> amusing. But I gotta know, why is Lance of all people an asshole?
>

> Flame on me good, Ed. It's been a rotten day here and I could use a
> good laugh.
>
> -Leif

Here is an addendum to my earlier reply as I do not want to make Leif's day
any more rotten than it already is.

I grew up in an era when sports figures were highly thought of but they were
expected to be modest about what it is that they did. And for the most part
they were. They knew they were just boys who never grew up.

We are now in an era when most sport figures should be in prison instead of
making millions of dollars. Grown men who engage in sports professionally
are
absurd figures and we should not be according them any more respect and
admiration than we do clowns. Why they should make millions of dollars is
one of the supreme mysteries of the universe.

The only university of ever had any respect for when I was young was the
University of Chicago because it did not have any varsity sports. In
general, I hate this emphasis on sports that our culture rewards. I have
known otherwise intelligent men who are absolute idiots when it comes to
sports.

Those who go on and on about bike races are as crazy as Minnesota loons. I
just about die laughing at them. I mean, how stupid is it for grown men to
make something out of nothing. Jeez! Please grow up. Truth to tell, there is
no one with an ounce of brains who gives a damn about bike races. Only the
terminally stupid g.d. French care about the Tour de France.

Is Lance Armstrong an asshole? No, but let us not accord him any more
respect and admiration then he deserves for his very modest contribution to
our entertainment and amusement. Think of him as a clown. That is how I
think of all sports figures.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Once again I'm trolled into responding :) .
Lance Armstrong's accomplishments are truly amazing, even more so
because he's an american. The tour de france is a truly european event,
and participating in the tour is a very adult, manly thing to do. It's
noting to be modest about, and the cyclists are highly trained athletes,
not "boys who never grew up". Mr D should grow up.
Sincerely,
Steve

Edward Dolan wrote:
> I grew up in an era when sports figures were highly thought of but they were
> expected to be modest about what it is that they did. And for the most part
> they were. They knew they were just boys who never grew up.

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Once again I'm trolled into responding :) .
> Lance Armstrong's accomplishments are truly amazing, even more so because
> he's an american. The tour de france is a truly european event, and
> participating in the tour is a very adult, manly thing to do. It's noting
> to be modest about, and the cyclists are highly trained athletes, not
> "boys who never grew up". Mr D should grow up.
> Sincerely,
> Steve

I do not admire Armstrong anymore than I do body builders. They are using up
resources (food) strictly for their own aggrandizement and to entertain
fools like you. There is absolutely nothing amazing about Armstrong other
than that he has dedicated his life to foolishness. If looked at from a
certain angle, it is almost criminal what he does. I would like to see him
prosecuted for setting a bad example to the nation's youth.

In general, all professional sports should be done away with in a sane
society. Amateur athletics are fine. After all we want to give the boys
something to do. But the very idea of paying professional athletes is a
horror. What it is really about is the old Roman idea of giving the people
bread and circuses so they won't rise up and kill the rulers. The "games"
are for fools to keep them amused and bemused.

An intellectual such as myself would not be caught dead at a professional
sporting event. The damn Tour de France is an abomination. But Hells Bells,
the very name of France sends me into a rage!

On 7 Aug 2005 11:46:59 -0700, "Leif" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"PS. Does anyone in the world really LIKE Lance Armstrong - or am I the
>only
>one who thinks he is a first class asshole? "
>
>Hmmm. Let me see.
>
>A guy who has beat cancer, has risin from virtual obscurity to win one
>of the most difficult feats of endurance against the best--- seven
>times, and who has brought awareness and millions of dollars to help
>people he doesn't even know.
>
>Yeah. That's some asshole alright.

I'm a huge Lance fan but TPWSNBN isn't breaking any new ground by saying he's
an asshole. You can find lots of anecdotal evidence that he's got a nasty
side--and a lot of it stems from pre-cancer days. I know Simeoni thinks so!!
:)

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
EZ-1SC Pilot (Texas P-38 Squadron Retired)