Re: crap cycle path

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, May 10, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > As far as inexperienced cyclists go, they assume quite reasonably that
    > the cycle lanes are there to help them. They try to use them and find
    > the whole experience is unpleasant and threatening. It's all too easy
    > to make the incorrect assumption that cycling away from the
    > "protection" of the farcilities must be even worse. No wonder the
    > numbers cycling seem to fall in direct proportion to the amount spent
    > on provision.

    Hull must be an exception. Our council have spent many millions on cycling
    (and anti-car measures)and now we are up from 6 to number 3 as a "cycling
    city". Six times the national average now cycle to work.

    --
    Simon Mason
    Anlaby