Re: Crazy Flanders picks?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Apr 1, 2005.

  1. ..

    > > Freire can climb as well as, say Moncassin, who came close to

    winning
    > > Flanders. Moncassin lost out not because of a lack of power on the
    > > climbs, but tactical errors, which Freire is less likely to make.
    > >
    > > JT

    > Tactical errors?? What mistake did he make? He's the sprinter,
    > Ballerini and Sörensen have to attack. And so they did. He was

    able
    > to get Ballerini back, but not Sorensen. Which is quite logical after
    > suffering 260km.
    >
    > Kenny

    his tactical error was getting in a break with twofreinds, with years
    of experience.
    oh man that was a good race, the final was great because you assumed
    moncassin was going to win, but ballerini and sorenson were neighbors
    and training partners, and they worked him over with style, and
    the opportunist won, which is always exciting.
    you know the kinda guy who wins flanders sometimes? the old vet with
    class, like Bartolami or somebody like that, who hasn't won anything in
    a few years, but pops up for a big win, I like that too.
    Bugno back in the day, after dropping off the radar for awhile.
    Freire, is a very boring rider to watch, sitting anonymously in the
    pack waiting to pop out in the last 50 meters, yawn.
    I know it's smart and he's successful, but very boring to watch.

    Tags:

  2. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Freire, is a very boring rider to watch, sitting anonymously in the
    > pack waiting to pop out in the last 50 meters, yawn.
    > I know it's smart and he's successful, but very boring to watch.

    That another Freire you're talking about then not the attacking,
    exciting rider I've been watching...

    All the best
    Dan Gregory