Re: Creaking Carbon bar stem headset interface????

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
Jock wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a specialized tarmac pro with full dura ace. Its only a couple

of 100
> k old but it has developed an annoying squeak. When riding off the

saddle
> the squeak occurs in time with the downward pedal strokes but it is

in the
> handlebar /stem/ headset interface because if you push hard enough on

each
> side of the handlebars (standing over the bars) you can replicate the

noise
> when standing still. The bike has carbon oversized specialized bars

and
> matching carbon 4 bolt stem. all the bolts seem tight enough (without

> torque wrench) and the brake levers are very secure.

You said it all....take it back to the place you bought it. Have all
the bolts greased, torques. Ensure the HS bearings are greased, where
they live in the headtube.

Most bikes outta boxes are assembled poorly.

Peter,
This guy shelled out over $4500 US. This is not an "outta boxes",
kinda bike.
Don't forget, even properly assembled bikes develop squeaks and
creaks, 'specially after rain rides and time in general, even a couple
hundred km, especially many of the new, superlight bikes.
Anyway, if the answer was "take it back to the bike shop" we
wouldn't need all this technical advice and discussion, which would
make rbt obsolete, which would cause you a loss of daily entertainment.
OP could've figured that out himself, but wanted us to help him
figure it for himself. Our purpose here is to educate, empower/enable
people to fix things themselves.
Scenario: It is the future and I go to rbt to post a question, and I
find there is no provision for it. RBT is obsolete. Now a sign greets
me telling me to just take it to the shop and, if I want to be abused
and misled, go to rbr (which is now a multiple choice flame war). No
input needed!

Robin Hubert

Robin Hubert wrote:

> Scenario: It is the future and I go to rbt to post a question, and
> I find there is no provision for it. RBT is obsolete. Now a sign
> greets me telling me to just take it to the shop and, if I want to be
> abused and misled, go to rbr (which is now a multiple choice flame
> war). No input needed!

Oh, the humanity!

Doomsday Dave

> This guy shelled out over $4500 US. This is not an "outta boxes",
> kinda bike.
> Don't forget, even properly assembled bikes develop squeaks and
> creaks, 'specially after rain rides and time in general, even a couple
> hundred km, especially many of the new, superlight bikes.
> Anyway, if the answer was "take it back to the bike shop" we
> wouldn't need all this technical advice and discussion, which would
> make rbt obsolete, which would cause you a loss of daily entertainment.
> OP could've figured that out himself, but wanted us to help him
> figure it for himself. Our purpose here is to educate, empower/enable
> people to fix things themselves.

But- the bike shop that sold it has a responsibility to take care of such
things, and they may be in a position to recognize what's going on very
quickly, since it's possible they may have sold a number of them and already
have experience with what causes what. Or, to put it another way, the
original poster may be able to eliminate his own hair loss by taking it to
the shop where either they've already lost hair over it and figured it out,
or they're about to. Either way you save your own hair.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

news:[email protected]...