General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Cuisinart vs Kitchen Aid

Started by DigitalVinyl · · Last activity · 2 posts · 285 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 January 2005
Last activity
6 January 2005
Original author
DigitalVinyl
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
285
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Lucretia Borgia said:

    I am just about to replace my food processor. I had an original
    Cuisinart when they first came out, then a later edition with larger
    bowl and am now going to replace that.

    I notice, looking around the stores, that they seem to be pressing
    Kitchen Aid and one sales person insinuated I would regret buying
    another Cuisinart.

    True or false ? He posited that the motor was far superior but I
    felt the feeding tube looked inadequate. In the end, I bought neither
    and decided some opinions here would be more valuable in coming to a
    decision.

    TIA
    Sheena

    go to Amazon.com and read all the reviews (the best and the worst) on
    models you are considering. That's what I always do. You will ALWAYS
    see a really bad review and ALWAYS see a glowing (i'm high on drugs,
    everythign is so wonderful) positive review. But after reading a range
    of them you often see a general consensus. You also learn what little
    things bothered people. Sometimes a negative review is because the
    product didn't match their needs, not because the product was bad. It
    is a good research tool.

    I've bought two, a cheap ("Master Cuisine"😉 little chopper (2 cup) and
    a Hamilton Beach 5-6 cup model. Both are showing their age. The little
    whine whine like a full size vacuum and the pulse button on the big
    one went this year. For their cheaper prices both were reasonable
    values. The little huy I've had for at least 5 years maybe as long as
    8 and the big one I think less than 4 years. They both still chop
    fine, although the hamilton beach is showing cracks and chips at the
    blade (the plastic mold around the blade is cracking). I throw them in
    the dishwasher all the time, the blade may not be rated for
    dishwasher, but I never cared. There is an advantage to go cheap. You
    don't feel guilty when you abuse the hell out of them!

    DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

  2. On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:57:00 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, DigitalVinyl wrote:
    [SNIP]

    Quoted message said:


    go to Amazon.com and read all the review

    Don't forget epinions, I go there first. Then Amazon.

    Doug
    --
    Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
    Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com
    A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
    Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.