Re: Curious...When Would You Quit?

ATP*

Guest
"NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Like me, I've pulled a muscle and almost have to limp now; I'm hoping
> it'll go away...and like an injury/set-back, it makes me wonder what
> the hell I'm doing...I mean, I enjoy intense workouts, I hate boring
> drudgery kind of workouts, and yet now that I'm all of 33 going onto 85
> I can't just hop on the track and run or stack up the rack and
> heave...goddamn it, that chocolate cake sure looks good...somebody's
> always celebrating something around here....

I think you're just facing the fact that 33 is different than 23- you've run
into some physical problem that probably wouldn't have been an issue in your
early 20's. The immortality/invulnerability is gone. You can still train
sensibly with good form and maintain decent health without going to
extremes. If you are overtrained or have some chronic injury laying off that
muscle group for a while might be in order.

In article <[email protected]>, "ATP*" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Like me, I've pulled a muscle and almost have to limp now; I'm hoping
> > it'll go away...and like an injury/set-back, it makes me wonder what
> > the hell I'm doing...I mean, I enjoy intense workouts, I hate boring
> > drudgery kind of workouts, and yet now that I'm all of 33 going onto 85
> > I can't just hop on the track and run or stack up the rack and
> > heave...goddamn it, that chocolate cake sure looks good...somebody's
> > always celebrating something around here....

> I think you're just facing the fact that 33 is different than 23

Hate when that happens! Problem with being 23 is everything works great
but your brain...you can't win!

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/