Re: Currie Electro Drive

Simon Brooke

Guest
in message <[email protected]>, Pilot
('[email protected]') wrote:

> /\\/\\a77 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the currie
>> elecrodrive
>> power assist units. I am looking to get one to help me commute to
>> work on
>> my Carrea Vulcan. My commute is 22miles each way, and my level of
>> fitness
>> is not great at the moment, so i was hoping that a unit like this will
>> help
>> me not be to knackered by the time I arrive at work.

> powered bike every day. I find it excellent, though I did find the
> batteries supplied lacking in range, a call to the supplier produced a
> pair of replacments of a better make and amperage. the bike I might add
> is very heavy with the unit & batteries in place, also I have neve run
> 22miles on mine but I think it would do it if you pedled when possible
> to save power and pedal assisted when using the motor,hope this helps
> cheers

But you'd almost certainly do a lot less work if you got yourself a
lightweight bike with no electrics and no motor. And at the end of the
day when it was getting dark and starting to rain, your battery wouldn't
run out, and you'd have a light easy to cycle bike to get you home,
instead of an overweight monster.

;; Sending your money to someone just because they've erected
;; a barrier of obscurity and secrets around the tools you
;; need to use your data does not help the economy or spur
;; innovation. - Waffle Iron Slashdot, June 16th, 2002