Re: Curtis Russell of Maryland - Asshole Supreme!

Curtis L. Russell

Guest
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:29:27 -0400, "Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The troll lords over the group with an iron
>keyboard. He is not moved by the will of the people but rather by his own
>selfish motives.

Oh, come on. He lords over no one and controls not even himself. He
has no power or skills, beyond those that you cede to him. To begin
with, this news group should have little real impact on any of us with
a normal life. Then, you know what he is like - ignore it or play with
it, but it is of no real moment. Why worry about riff raff most of us
wouldn't let into our homes or our offices? You can't cure him, but
you can control how the little foul mouthed pissant effects you.

ED has clearly gone beyond the point that a normal person would have,
whether what he does he does for jest, maliciousness, or madness. So
we have the equivalent of a mentally damaged individual at a
restaurant. You can stare at him, ignore him, or engage him in a
conversation. In the end, any of the three will have no real result
and in general ignoring him is the least effort.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

I'm not sure that I said anything that contradicts what you just wrote. I'm
just having a bit of fun. The quality of my life (nor yours I would imagine)
is in no way impacted by his behavior. He's just a silly little man with a
computer. He does give us something to talk about, however.

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:29:27 -0400, "Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>The troll lords over the group with an iron
>>keyboard. He is not moved by the will of the people but rather by his own
>>selfish motives.

> Oh, come on. He lords over no one and controls not even himself. He
> has no power or skills, beyond those that you cede to him. To begin
> with, this news group should have little real impact on any of us with
> a normal life. Then, you know what he is like - ignore it or play with
> it, but it is of no real moment. Why worry about riff raff most of us
> wouldn't let into our homes or our offices? You can't cure him, but
> you can control how the little foul mouthed pissant effects you.
>
> ED has clearly gone beyond the point that a normal person would have,
> whether what he does he does for jest, maliciousness, or madness. So
> we have the equivalent of a mentally damaged individual at a
> restaurant. You can stare at him, ignore him, or engage him in a
> conversation. In the end, any of the three will have no real result
> and in general ignoring him is the least effort.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Well, as you may or may not know from other earlier threads on this NG, my
riding is side-lined for a while. I was hit by a car (while riding) back in
October 2005 and sustained a spinal cord injury. I certainly won't ever be
playing in traffic again. I hate to give in to the cars but that was just a
bit too close with injuries that are too long lasting.

With some luck I will be riding again in the future and you'll be able to
call me a "rail trail" king. It will take more than a few month's however,
and I hope to never again report a case of road rash.

Jeff

wrote:

>I'm not sure that I said anything that contradicts what you just wrote. I'm
>just having a bit of fun. The quality of my life (nor yours I would imagine)
>is in no way impacted by his behavior. He's just a silly little man with a
>computer. He does give us something to talk about, however.

And the proof of the pudding tends to come in late spring, early
summer. If we are all still directly or indirectly talking about ED,
the EDP, then we need to find better places to ride.

It would be more fun to read about road rash, frankly. We need a
volunteer to take a slide...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote
> I was hit by a car (while riding) back in October 2005 and sustained a
> spinal cord injury.
>
> With some luck I will be riding again in the future

How has your rehab been? Stationary biking?

I have some nerve damage from degenerative disc affecting my
left leg. Nothing as severe as yours, however. PT recommended
stationary bike for my rehab,-- riding "in place" bored me in short
order, though. Got my first recumbent soon after.

Jon Meinecke